Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why are there two languages on my song titles?

Why are there two languages on my song titles?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

All (laptop, iPhone, and iPad

Operating System

Windows 10 and iOS 12

My Question or Issue

I don't know if this is a new thing but over the last week or so I've noticed that some song titles have something next to them in a foreign language (the titles are in my chosen language of English). I don't think it's the song title as the same characters are there no matter what song it is. I also noticed that when I view the album the songs are on, the foreign characters are there so it might be something Spotify-wide (I'm not sure where else to post this question though). Anyone know what this means and if it's normal?

SpotifySongTitles.jpg
5 Replies

I have the same problem

Screenshot_20180923-231935.png

It could be because you changed or edited your language on your device or on your account, I advise checking the language stated on your account and changing it to your appropriate language.

Except I never changed the language. It's been English since day 1. Also, why would they be in two languages if I changed the language? And why only some songs instead of all?

Have you changed your language on the device your using the account for? Otherwise I reccomend pressing Ctrl/Cmd+P to open the preferences menu, the language option should be the 3rd shaded area down. Does changing the language there make any difference?

Also no. Because like I said, this is across all 3 devices on which I have Spotify (Windows 10 laptop, iPhone, ad iPad). And I've yet to change the language settings on any of them.

Suggested posts