Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why are you charging me still?

Why are you charging me still?

I cancelled my spotify account a while back and your website says I am using Free spotify. So why have I been charged for the last 12 months? My bank mentioned it today and that is absurd. You're also charging me twice a month for this. I am going to be disputing the charges tomorrow but would like to hear from somone who actually works for spotify to help fix this situation. That is a lot of money you have fraudulently taken from me.

15 Replies

Hey Baneful,

It does sound like you have another account - did you set up one with an username?  Disputes with the bank normally return your funds, but they do make it harder for us to see what was going wrong.  Could you please send a request in via this Link and then post your case number in a reply to this thread?  An advisor should pick it up, but I will chase the case up when I am next in the office on Weds.

I've only ever had two accounts and have checked both of them. Same free version yet I'm still being charged. I have my confirmation email from February 12th that stated my Premium was cancelled. Also being charged twice a month as well. I've honestly got enough to dispute the charges at this point so I may as well just do that.

Going to try to do the link thing.

Case number 01796631

Thank you. I have passed the case into the active filter and have asked a colleague to check the case for you.  I will check the case on Wednesday.

I'm having the same issue. Case no: 01657250 (received confirmation of Spotify's receipt of my case on July 30. I will be creating a more detailed posting and need assistance ASAP. 

@colomasm wrote:

I'm having the same issue. Case no: 01657250 (received confirmation of Spotify's receipt of my case on July 30. I will be creating a more detailed posting and need assistance ASAP. 

This case was auto-resolved that that is why you did not recieve a reply for one of our advisors.  I have now added it to the live filter and someone will get in touch soon.  I will chase this for you tomorrow.

@Baneful wrote:

Case number 01796631

I have picked up the case and think that I have found the other account.  Could you please reply to the email that I sent you?

@colomasm wrote:

Hi,

I can see that Matthew has picked up the case.  

Have you found the email that is associated with my premium spotify account? I have never changed accounts, not to my knowledge. I've used both Facebook accounts I have to log in and they are still being associated with Free Accounts though money is still being pulled out of my bank account that I require to be refunded. 

Hi there,

Didn't you received a reply yet? If not, could you post your case number so I can escalate this for you?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

What kind of reply should I have received? This is what I have received so far and I had a second to sit down and respond: 

Case number 01796631

I have picked up the case and think that I have found the other account.  Could you please reply to the email that I sent you?

I found the email from Support@spotify.com

Hey there, 

How are you today? Thanks for getting in touch!

I have had a look at your account and can see the problem, it appears the link between your Facebook and Spotify was somehow broken.

This can sometimes happen the Facebook has been deactivated and reactivated again, but this logging in created a whole new account. 

To fix this I can transfer over all of your playlists and starred tracks to the new account and give you a free month of Spotify so you don't miss out on any music and delete your old account.

I am sorry for the frustration and inconvenience this may cause you and I will have you back with your music in no time.

Do I have permission to do so?

Thanks again and have a great day! 

Kind regards, Matt Marsh-Watts

The community rock/rising stars are unable to look into the support/userbase. When was the last time you received a reply from the support team?

Edit:

As soon as you give them permissions, they will transfer your account and the issue will be resolved.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I am also being charged every couple months and i have only 1 account that says i have only the free membership also i have no receipts of even purchasing premium?

Suggested posts