Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can't I change the country of region?

Solved!

Why can't I change the country of region?

hello, 

I am using the Premium service right now. And my husband help me to pay from his German bankcard. I used to pay my account by my British bank card and got Spotify UK music playlist' recommendations. But since I changed the payment card, I started to get the German music playlists' recommendations and could not change the country of the origin by editing my profile. Is there anyway that I can still get the  Spotify UK music playlists recommendations by paying by a German bank card? 

Thanks a lot! Wish everybody have a lovely Christmas!  : ) 

Nikki

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @djnikki_Taubi ,

Thanks for reaching out.

In order to receive UK recommendations, you'll need to change your payment method to one that's been issued in the UK.

Hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi,

Since you have paid for your premium using German credit card,  you're now having a German profile with German contents but you can change it easily . Just keep streaming your favourite songs, follow those artists i.e. just keep streaming what you had streamed before, after some days spotify will automatically change the playlists,  music recommendations and so on. 

But if you want to fix your problem permanently , cancel your membership and start your membership again using your British credit card. 

Hopefully this helps. Have a good day 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @djnikki_Taubi ,

Thanks for reaching out.

In order to receive UK recommendations, you'll need to change your payment method to one that's been issued in the UK.

Hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hi,

Since you have paid for your premium using German credit card,  you're now having a German profile with German contents but you can change it easily . Just keep streaming your favourite songs, follow those artists i.e. just keep streaming what you had streamed before, after some days spotify will automatically change the playlists,  music recommendations and so on. 

But if you want to fix your problem permanently , cancel your membership and start your membership again using your British credit card. 

Hopefully this helps. Have a good day 🙂

Okay, cheers! I think there is no way to get UK recommendations other than pay by a British bank card. 

Hey there @djnikki_Taubi,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Availability can vary between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away. We're happy to help.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts