Why can’t I use two accounts at once?

Plan

Free &Premium

Country

U.K. 

Device

(iPhones)

My Question or Issue

I have premium and my wife a free account. When one of us starts playing music, the other one’s account stops playing.  This happens whether we’re both on WiFi or one on 4g.  We have separate email addresses. 

Why can’t we play simultaneously?!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Ol12,

no problem !

Could you please make sure each of your account's overview states one Free subscription and one Premium subscription ?

In addition, could you disconnect your WiFi on both devices and try using an alternative one to see if it helps ?

Thanks for your cooperation 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi there @Ol12,

thanks for reaching out !

What you describe should bot interrupt your accounts while playing music.

Therefore, just to be sure the two of you are logged into your own accounts and not the same one (which may cause this issue) I would recommend you both visit your account overview page here and click "Sign Out Everywhere".

Then, each one logs back in with their own credentials and checks if the issue continues.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Thank you for such a quick reply!  That didn’t fix it though. Do you have any other ideas?

Marked as solution

Hi @Ol12,

no problem !

Could you please make sure each of your account's overview states one Free subscription and one Premium subscription ?

In addition, could you disconnect your WiFi on both devices and try using an alternative one to see if it helps ?

Thanks for your cooperation 🙂

Thank you, that’s great!  Something in disconnecting both from WiFi (and restarting both phones after logging out of everything) and reconnecting seems to have fixed it.

Hi @Ol12,

Glad to hear it all works now !

Feel free reaching out to the community anytime 🙂

Thank you, it’s much appreciated!

Suggested posts