Why can't we play on more than one device?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Why can't we play on more than one device?

Casual Listener

I posed this on a similar thread earlier tonight, but I'll add it here as well.. ironically.. 12 minutes later I hit my 1 year anniversary from signing up for Spotify Community, which I only had done to add my voice to those already calling for this functionality.. you can't make this **bleep** up

Edit: since this lacks some little context that was obvious in the other thread. The ability I am referring to is be able play a single stream on multiple devices at the same time, in synch , for devices that happen to be on the same local IP subnet, with the same public facing IP.   Multi-room audio.

I've been asking for this feature for well over a year exactly one year now and it seems MANY MANY others have the same interest judging by the activity I receive on this thread regularly in my email box.  Spotify continues to be silent.  If there is a contractual obligation that must be upheld, tell us.  Keeping myself and others in the dark about this hopefully, future capability is doing the company no good that I can see.

I'm not naive enough to think this will make a difference, but I have a been a premium spotify user for many years.  I will no longer be a paid subscriber if there is no answer to this thread by the end of July.  This saddens me, but I have other means of hearing the music I want.  The SiriusXM mobile app has really come a long way.  Neither support multi-zone audio on the same wireless network, but that will satisfy my playlist needs and I can always go back to my incredibly extensive MP3 selection for my "on demand" content as I typically only listen to things I own with Spotify anyway.

I will update with proof of my cancellation when this unfolds as I expect it to.

-John

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Why not say that? I would understand if we were being in friends to share for free. But it is my wife and I and we pay through iTunes which charges and additional $3 for YouTube red. Really irritates me. The greed in this country is what is killing our democracy!!
Highlighted

Casual Listener
I was recently notified of a family subscription for spotify... it is 14.99 a month I signed up immediately and am happy with it. It is for anyone up to 5 people I believe that share the same address... hope this helps all!
Highlighted

Casual Listener

This is my exact issue, and I upgraded to the Family plan thinking it would solve it.  When we have people over to the house, we want to be able to stream the SAME playlist to 4 different devices (syncing the music).   I don't get why this isn't supported.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Thank you! I agree.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
I have had no issues
Highlighted

Casual Listener
👍
Highlighted

Hey Liam

Here is another complaint. And another customer lost - what a useless service.  And how rude you were to your customer. **bleep**!

Highlighted

That's dumb, me and my best friend share spotify and when I'm at work she's at school and we both want to listen to music so unless you want one of us to switch to Pandora, I suggest you change that.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Obviously I am in agreement with you!
SUGGESTED POSTS