Why can't we play on more than one device?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Why can't we play on more than one device?

Regular
I'm complaining it sucks that my daughter keeps changing my music.
Now that apple owns beats streaming they should provide a better service...
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Wow, can't play on more than one device and I'm paying per $10 a month?? WTH is this? Sorry Spotify... I'm taking my business elsewhere... I'm not paying for premium service for 2 different accounts so that my wife and I can pay you 10 dollars twice... you need to rethink this through... how about something like "Premium Household Plans"...  until then... see ya...

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello: Sorry you are having issues @jadwight

There exists family plans now for some regions now, what is your current listening region?

Highlighted

But AFAIK if you have 1 spotify account but several SONOS units then you can play different musics from each ones... And that is not fair! Right?
Highlighted

Regular
That is very true. It makes me think spotify has signed a deal with sonos not to encroach on their business.

Highlighted

I'm having the same issue and i'm very frustrated about it because in the ad for why to upgrade to premium you say  

No tantrums.

Everyone can play at the same time. 

so yes i too must say this is VERY misleading!!!

Highlighted

Music Fan
Save a playlist to ones handset then go offline.

Highlighted

i was looking for a solution to this and just saw how rude they was 2 u when u was only making a point i am doing the same thing as u insept change girlfriend to mum as we have 2 different music tast aswell but 9.99... what acceptable but for one device no not really so what they want u to do is pay at least £19.98 almost £20 no thx i will be doing the same at least they can be less rude to there customers

Highlighted

Community Legend

Hey @shadow00 

It isn't that Spotify cannot or doesn't have the muscle to allow more than one device per account to play music at the same time. I believe its because of how Spotify has agreed with the big music records to only allow one device at a time to play music. Remember, your not owning the music, you are simply streaming music to your device. So it probably comes down to legal limitations and formalities which i dont understand myself.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

Highlighted

Regular
I think it is because of spotifys links with sonos and the problems with retreading on sonos toes. Ironically on sonos one spotify account can play on a number of different devices. Even different tunes, using one login.
They say they can't do it? They already do! You just have to pay ridiculous prices for sonos's limited quality equipment

SUGGESTED POSTS