Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why did you take away my options - Please go back to old format

Why did you take away my options - Please go back to old format

Please go back to the old format. I just want to go into my artists, sort alphabetically, pick the band and play the songs I picked. I cannot find the artist without scrolling through the hundreds of artists.

If I wanted you to recommend an artist, I'll ask. Don't force it on me. Don't take away my option to find the artists I like. 

I don't pay for the premium sub to have you take away my choices. You have made it harder for me to find the one artist I want to listen to. I pick the songs I like. This is why I pay for the service. 

I listen at work. I don't have time to scroll and find the artist I want. Chances are by the time I've found them, I've forgotten which artist because of the frustration.

Please give me back the power to find the artists and songs I have saved.

6 Replies

Hey @eva718, help's here!

I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. Spotify recently released an update to improve your listening experience. If you're unsure where things are or need some help, check out this guide. 

If you're not enjoying the new look, check out this Live Idea. There you can add your input, and vote to it - as Spotify teams will be taking a look to see how they can further improve.

I hope this helps. If you need help with anything in the future or are having any issues - please start up a new thread at any time and the community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for your response. I'm not enjoying the new look. I pay to be able to access music. I don't want to follow an artist just because I like 1 song. I don't care to get spam emails from spotify telling me that the artist is touring. I like one song and only want to hear that 1 song. 

The old format allowed me to save the songs I want to save and sort them by artist. I didn't need to follow them or like the song. Just save and sort. You are now requiring me to add 2 extra steps to access the music I pay for so that you can inflate your following numbers. I just want to save my songs and sort. I will not follow the hundreds of artists whose songs I want to hear. 

My 16 yr old nephew doesn't mind having to do that. I do mind. I'm the one who pays for the premium family account and has a lot more disposable income than him. Since you have taken away something I pay for and have made it as unfriendly as possible, I have no choice but to make the decision to switch to another service that will allow me to save a song and sort my artist.

I'm like so many others who have joined this forum for the sole purpose of letting you know about my dissatisfaction with the change. 

I would appriciate it if you do not respond with the canned response about Live Idea. I was there and well... If you do want to gauge customer feedback about the change, I recommend a closer look at the posts that have been made and run a report of lost subscribers. It may not be a lot but you may see a trend. I didn't notice the change until yesterday. 

Thank you for the years of awesome listening. I'm a little sad it has to end over such a simple thing. I only wanted to be able to continue to save and sort.

Hey @eva718.

Thanks for getting back to us - we appreciate your honest feedback on this.

We regularly run updates to improve your experience with the app. The refreshed “Your Library” was developed to help you manage and access your favorites faster. It’s the first version of this update and we’ll continue to build on it based on your feedback.

Let us know if there's anything else 🙂

Thank you but you have actually made it more difficult to access my saved music. I just want the artists I’ve saved in alphabetical order. I don’t want to have to favorite them because I don’t want your spam emails telling me they are touring. That part of your UI was perfect but not anymore. 

I hope the development team reads users feedback on this forum. Many of us have joined for the express purpose of letting you know our feelings on a service we are paying for. 

Please stop telling me to favorite an artist when I only like one song. 

@Billy-J wrote:

Hey @eva718, help's here!

I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. Spotify recently released an update to improve your listening experience. If you're unsure where things are or need some help, check out this guide. 

If you're not enjoying the new look, check out this Live Idea. There you can add your input, and vote to it - as Spotify teams will be taking a look to see how they can further improve.

I hope this helps. If you need help with anything in the future or are having any issues - please start up a new thread at any time and the community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day 🙂 

“Spotify recently released an update to improve your listening experience” my ***! This stupid update has caused SO much unnecessary stress. Even when I FOLLOW the artists whose songs I have liked, the music still does NOT show up in my library.  Just like @eva718, I feel I have no choice but to cancel my subscription. You guys have messed up and you know it, and I’m willing to bet that at least 85% of the users agree. 

It was MUCH more aesthetically pleasing to be able to simply save ONE song from an artist without all their other songs on the album showing up, but I could deal with that. 

What I cannot deal with is having to follow EVERY artist who I have liked songs from, and not having the option to scroll alphabetically. When I am driving, I do not want to have to freaking go to the search bar and type in a song/artist’s name. It’s VERY inconvenient that the alphabet has been taken away and that we have to follow artists. It’s time to shut up with the ridiculous excuse of “We made it faster and easier.” You did NOT. You, in fact, made it SLOWER and MORE difficult. It couldn’t have been any easier than it was this time last year.

This is a perfect example of the phrase, “If it’s not broken, don’t fix it.” 

I am giving it one more week and if nothing has been done to reverse or fix this new format, Google Play here I come! 

Suggested posts