Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why do I get advertisements in my testperiod?

Solved!

Why do I get advertisements in my testperiod?

Hi,

I'm currently a little bit confused. I was told to get a premium access while testing spotify. I registered 2 days ago und my contract status is "free user" and I get advertisements whlle using the spotify desktop application.

I guess there is something wrong.

Thank you,

Chris

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there - According to our records your account has been upgraded to Premium with the trial.

Try shutting down the app completely as this can help finalise those changes. Then log back in with your Facebook email and password.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi Dodge1603 - Welcome to Spotify!

I can see that you began a Free 48-hour trial on 23 March. Now that it's ended you should've received an email from us offering to extend it for another 30 days. 

You have 14 days to accept that offer so have a look in your inbox/ spam filter. 

I just found out about the 28h period und applied for the 30 day test by adding my paypal credentials. I logged out/in for 4 times now and still get the upgrade button and advertisments in the desktop player. Do I have to wait a specific time until the player takes the changes?

Marked as solution

Hi there - According to our records your account has been upgraded to Premium with the trial.

Try shutting down the app completely as this can help finalise those changes. Then log back in with your Facebook email and password.

Suggested posts