Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why do single downloads expire?

The "Downlads" page clearly say:

"Spare bundles don’t last forever

We can offer downloads to you at this great price because we’re buying them in bulk from the artists and labels. As part of this arrangement, all of the download bundles you buy have got an expiry date of 30 days. So please don’t leave spare bundles sitting in your account for too long. However you can always extend the expiry date by purchasing more downloads."

I didn't purchase a spare bundle, I purchased the single download for the full price.

Still the spotify client say that it will expire 16 may.

The problem here, when I downloaded a single song, I accidentially did 2 purchases. It went through like this: First I got the page "You dont have any downloads left". I selected single download and entered my CC details. Then I got the "Thank you for purchase" page.

But then the download didn't start, propably due to transaction processing times. I tought I was required, after having purchased one download point, that I was required to confirm that I want to USE that download point, So I clicked "Get (1)" again, then I got the "You don't have any downloads left".

Then I selected the Single download again, and then I directly got the "Thank you for the purchase" again (without having to enter any CC details because Spotify saved my CC details). Now the download started (Flipsyde Trumpets)

Now I see that I have one download sitting in my account that will expire, because its hard to find good music.

I have tried to get in touch with spotify support (for a refund of the accidential purchase) about this but they wont answer me, have waited 2 weeks now.

I really don't need a refund if someone can mark that single download point in my account as "permanent" or "non-expiring", because I will propably find something in the future.

The problem here is that Spotify is saving credit card details, but isn't asking for a second confirmation when using saved details. The confirmation can be instead of "enter CC details" page like this: "This will debit your **** **** **** XXXX card with 15,99 SEK, confirm? YES/NO", instead of processing the purchase directly when have selected the "single download" and then OKing this page.

3 Replies

Hey sebastian, I'll send you an email on this.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi, I bought a 40 downloads pack last month for 30€ and today my spotify said that I have 35 downloads left and that they expire in 3 days. But now I have bought two more songs to delay my expiring date, and now it says I have 33 downloads left, but still three days to  expire.

Why it doesn't cound and extend my expiration days for 30 days more until 90 days maximum?

how could I make it work?

Thanks in advance,

Hi esainma- In order to extend the expiration date by another 30 days you'll need to purchase another bundle. 

Purchasing individual tracks doesn't extend the expiration because they are used immediately. By purchasing another bundle you have more tracks you need to download which is why we give you a bit more time. 

Suggested posts