Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is Family 14.99 and Regular Premium 9.99

Solved!

Why is Family 14.99 and Regular Premium 9.99

I am looking into Spotify and I just can't justify paying 9.99 or whatever when 6 people can sign up for 14.99. I'd gladly pay 4.99 or whatever but seeing the family plan just makes me feel like I'd be getting ripped off if I signed up for 9.99.

I wish I had 5 friends who also wanted Spotify. How does it make sense that 6 people can sign up for 2.50 a peice but I have to pay 3 times that to have an account on my own. Does Spotify ever run specials for individuals? This stinks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ksweetman20. If you'd like to make a formal pitch for this idea I would recommend that you head over to the ideas board. Make sure and take a peak and see if this, or a similar idea is present, and if it is, show your support by giving it a like, otherwise feel free to post the idea yourself!

As far as why the Family Plan is such a sweet deal, think of it the same way as buying your groceries in bulk. If you go to the store and buy, say, a hundred pounds of apples, the per-apple price will typically be cheaper in bulk than when buying just one apple.

The reasons for this are varied, but this general principle is why a Family Plan comes out to be a better deal per-person than a single subscription.

Hope this clears some things up for you! Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns I might be able to address. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @ksweetman20. If you'd like to make a formal pitch for this idea I would recommend that you head over to the ideas board. Make sure and take a peak and see if this, or a similar idea is present, and if it is, show your support by giving it a like, otherwise feel free to post the idea yourself!

As far as why the Family Plan is such a sweet deal, think of it the same way as buying your groceries in bulk. If you go to the store and buy, say, a hundred pounds of apples, the per-apple price will typically be cheaper in bulk than when buying just one apple.

The reasons for this are varied, but this general principle is why a Family Plan comes out to be a better deal per-person than a single subscription.

Hope this clears some things up for you! Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns I might be able to address. Cheers!

I just want to sign up for the 9.99 premium

Suggested posts