Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is Spotify always showing me the exact same music?

Solved!

Why is Spotify always showing me the exact same music?

Does anyone else find that their "Discover Weekly" has about two new songs per week, and the rest are things you've already heard? Meanwhile the "Release Radar" is pretending that things from 10 years ago are fresh tracks.

And what do they add? Two new playlists full of the things you've heard a million times. That's completely THE OPPOSITE of what we want!

Oh I've listened to that song a lot, have I Spotify? Do you reckon that was by choice or because you've been putting it in every single "Made For You" for the last seven years? You think I like that track, but I don't. YOU like it.

Is there any way to make Spotify stop playing the same things over, and over, and over, and over...?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Same here.  I'm not hearing anything new, maybe 3 songs out of 30 I don't already know.  It will even pick songs I have liked.  It was so good at first when I signed up but now it sucks.  It's a big world of music out there and a big reason I use spotify is for the diverse catalogue.  Come on play something new for me at least a song I haven't played 100 times before. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We appreciate the feedback you've provided us with regarding the Made For You playlists.

We're not aware of any wider issues regarding Discover Weekly or Release Radar at the moment.

It does sometimes happen that an individual account can have an issue like the one you're describing. In such cases, we can recommend the following:

1. Start afresh and create a new account - you can transfer all your saved music and playlists over in a few quick steps listed in this Spotify Answer
  2. If you'd rather keep your account, there's an existing idea in the Idea Exchange for a feature which allows you to reset your taste profile and start afresh without having to create a new account - feel free to add your vote to it here!

We've also located a few other relevant ideas which you could consider voting for to improve your Made For You experience:

If you have any other suggestions you'd like to put forward, you're always welcome to submit a new idea - make sure to check out this Spotify Answer for more info on how to go about doing this.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey, @Quabescore 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Just to confirm, are you using the like/dislike feature in Discover Weekly and Release Radar to adjust your preferences? This way you can improve the suggestions Spotify makes for you

[video]

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Same here.  I'm not hearing anything new, maybe 3 songs out of 30 I don't already know.  It will even pick songs I have liked.  It was so good at first when I signed up but now it sucks.  It's a big world of music out there and a big reason I use spotify is for the diverse catalogue.  Come on play something new for me at least a song I haven't played 100 times before. 

@Hezorg No I am definitely NOT doing that. Here's why: the 80% of songs I already enjoy I do not wish to like because then I will hear them even more. I don't want to not like them either because it's not that I don't want to hear them at all, I just don't want to hear them 800 times per day. The 20% that's left I will dislike the occasional one that is not my style at all, but I dare not like anything new and good lest I get sick of it. I'd rather add the artist's whole catalogue to my playlists so I don't hear that one new song I like a billion times. As for anything left that's just meh, I dare not dislike it in case Spotify decides to further pigeonhole me.

We CANNOT WIN.

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We appreciate the feedback you've provided us with regarding the Made For You playlists.

We're not aware of any wider issues regarding Discover Weekly or Release Radar at the moment.

It does sometimes happen that an individual account can have an issue like the one you're describing. In such cases, we can recommend the following:

1. Start afresh and create a new account - you can transfer all your saved music and playlists over in a few quick steps listed in this Spotify Answer
  2. If you'd rather keep your account, there's an existing idea in the Idea Exchange for a feature which allows you to reset your taste profile and start afresh without having to create a new account - feel free to add your vote to it here!

We've also located a few other relevant ideas which you could consider voting for to improve your Made For You experience:

If you have any other suggestions you'd like to put forward, you're always welcome to submit a new idea - make sure to check out this Spotify Answer for more info on how to go about doing this.

Thanks!

Hi, for months every day I see “Discover More from Jason Vieaux”. I listened to him one time for a few minutes. 
How do I stop seeing this please? Quite annoying 🙂

You switch to Tidal. They play music you like, rather than music that makes
them money.

Nah, Tidal just recommends you Hip Hop music no matter what you listen to. Spotify was better for a long time but they lost it in the last few years

Suggested posts