Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is Spotify forcing me to buy premium?

Solved!

Why is Spotify forcing me to buy premium?

One of my top heard albums, suddenly became a premium feature. All the songs are greyed out and if I search it, it says "You have discovered a premium feature". It gives an option "Find how to listen to this song" and then redirects you to the premium purchase page. This is the most annoying behaviour that a company can do, if this isn't removed at the earliest, I will never consider buying the premium again.

Screenshot_2020-06-05-20-59-08-822_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_2020-06-05-20-59-24-763_com.spotify.music.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @asttech07 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

No way! Spotify has the philosophy to democratize access to music. Anyone can listen to its favorite songs, podcasts, and any other content without the necessity to pay for Premium...

Knowing that, actually you're probably experiencing a cache issue. This way, I recommend that you try to perform a clean reinstallation of the app on your device. It's different than the fast reinstallation, so you can get the step-by-step here.

Also, just for your information, I believe that the album you've mentioned isn't available in Spotify anymore. I've checked here and it's greyed out too (and I have Premium). This can happen if licensing agreements with the artist/labels, or ownership of rights, has changed. You can read more about that here: 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @asttech07 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

No way! Spotify has the philosophy to democratize access to music. Anyone can listen to its favorite songs, podcasts, and any other content without the necessity to pay for Premium...

Knowing that, actually you're probably experiencing a cache issue. This way, I recommend that you try to perform a clean reinstallation of the app on your device. It's different than the fast reinstallation, so you can get the step-by-step here.

Also, just for your information, I believe that the album you've mentioned isn't available in Spotify anymore. I've checked here and it's greyed out too (and I have Premium). This can happen if licensing agreements with the artist/labels, or ownership of rights, has changed. You can read more about that here: 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

@hezorg

Thank you for the clear explanation!

Happy to know that my answer was useful to you. And remember that you can count on us, always, when necessary! 💚

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5vGN4cBFPYeMun4GR8EryF

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

It's forcing me to a premium membership but I don't have a family, I'm single, I'm an individual so I want that plan, but Spotify on my phone won't let me take an individual plan I have to take premium and I don't want premium. So what should I do to keep my plan as is?

It's not free now we are forced to buy spotify premium we can't play the previous song button is disabled nor we can play the song from between we cant slide it's disabled and many more.

You need to make spotify free like it her apps

Suggested posts