Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is Spotify now showing personal details when sharing on Facebook

Solved!

Why is Spotify now showing personal details when sharing on Facebook

For the festival I work for I maintain some playlists. And for some reason when I share the link on Facebook it nows says 

North Sea Jazz 2013 op Spotify

Created by My Private Hidden Facebook profile name.

How can I delete this? The username of the Spotify account is northseajazz. That should be showing. I can't find any setting in Spotify that has my personal full name but it's showing in Spotify as well. There used to be a profile page that I could change including the avatar. That's gone

And now the Spotify account also seems to be connected to my anonymous Facebook account that manages the festival's fanpage. I don't want that account showing up when I share the playlist.

This didn't happen before, why is it happening now?  I signed up way before the Facebook integration and in my preferences there's no connection to Facebook.

How can I share the playlist without having my name showing?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@NSJ wrote:

Thank you for your prompt reply.

No it isn't. I even tried connecting it to a different facebook account and then unlinked that one. Didn't seem to make any difference unfortuntaly. Also logged off and on in the Spotify client afterwards.

And do you perhaps know why my full name is in my Spotify account, but I can't find it any where in the settings? I'd like to change that as well and think that was possible. Like it was also possible to change the profile picture, which now contains an obsolete date in my case.

I am not sure what profile picture you are referring to?

If its the one on your Spotify profile, those have never been editable on the Spotify side, since the only way to get a picture on your profile is to connect to Facebook. Also Spotify don't store your full name when you create an account. 

I would suggest you get in touch with the Spotify team directly using the online contact form and they should be able to investigate this a little closer for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey! 🙂 

Just loaded your account in my client, it is showing as connected to Facebook account Junior van der Stel

Are you sure your account is not connected to Facebook in Edit > Preferences > Social Network > Will say "Disconnect from Facebook" if you are connected. Has this account recently been connected to your Facebook (since sometimes updates can take some time to take effect on the Spotify network)? 

Peter

Peter

No it isn't. I even tried connecting it to a different facebook account and then unlinked that one. Didn't seem to make any difference unfortuntaly. Also logged off and on in the Spotify client afterwards.

And do you perhaps know why my full name is in my Spotify account, but I can't find it any where in the settings? I'd like to change that as well and think that was possible. Like it was also possible to change the profile picture, which now contains an obsolete date in my case.

Marked as solution

@NSJ wrote:

I am not sure what profile picture you are referring to?

If its the one on your Spotify profile, those have never been editable on the Spotify side, since the only way to get a picture on your profile is to connect to Facebook. Also Spotify don't store your full name when you create an account. 

I would suggest you get in touch with the Spotify team directly using the online contact form and they should be able to investigate this a little closer for you. 

Peter

Peter

I will. Thank you for your help!

Suggested posts