Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is it called spotify family...

Why is it called spotify family...

..when I can't add my family because we don't live at the same address?

But I could move into a house with someone I've literally never met before and we could share a family account.

It should really be called "Spotify Household". It's annoying. I want to share this service that I'm paying for with my Mum & Dad.

Is there really no way I can add my parents to my plan? Thinking about downgrading as I'm not really getting the full benefit (girlfriend is the only other person on the plan and she's not using her account much).

1 Reply

Hey @michael0458, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern.

Currently, everyone on a Premium Family plan must reside at the same physical address as the plan manager, but I could see why your suggestion would be useful. Your idea is well worth adding it to the ideas board here. Others can then vote on it or add to the conversation to show their support. 

A small suggestion that I could give is to wait until the next time your parents come home, and when they do - sign them up for Premium Family when they're at your home location - and they should be able to use Premium Family when they leave your home. 

There is more information about the Premium Family plan here

I hope this helps! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts