Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is my Discover Weekly giving me weird recommendations?

Why is my Discover Weekly giving me weird recommendations?

Every week, I make it a priority to listen to my discover weekly and mark the songs I don't like, but last year I made a playlist full of "meme songs" aka songs I wouldn't listen to normally, and I played it with my friends in the car as a joke once, and then deleted it. This was June-July 2019, but since then my discover weekly has been stuck on giving me Chinese/ anime songs, and terrible remixes. My music taste is mostly indie/pop, so I don't know why its still giving me terrible recommendations based off of this one playlist, as I always make sure dislike the songs I don't like (usually all of them) and I've followed most of the guides to fix it, but nothing has worked.  Any thoughts?

2 Replies

Hey there @jakeasher8,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We will help you enjoy your favorite music.

We'd suggest for you to first run a clean reinstall. You can follow these steps. Can you tell us what you have done so far? Then we can investigate this further and work together on a solution.

If you have questions, you know where to find us 🙂

Have a nice day and stay safe!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi, I have reinstalled Spotify a few times since my discover weekly messed up, and I've just been disliking all the songs i don't like, i also tried this guide that hasn't helped much https://lifehacker.com/if-your-discover-weekly-playlist-sucks-try-this-1823436104 . Thats all I've done so far.

Suggested posts