Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why won't you take my money?!

Why won't you take my money?!

So I've been using Sptify premium for a while now, using the same card the whole time with zero problems. 

Recently, a grocery store in my area had a security issue, which caused a ton of credit card numbers to be leaked out. My card was one of them, so we had to cancel the card last week. Obviously, I need to update with a new card now.

I'm trying to use my wife's card, and it keeps telling me it won't take it. I'm assuming it's due to the $0.00 charge they try to do, as I'm pretty sure my bank won't allow that. I was going to setup a Paypal account instead, but everytime I try to add Paypal as a payment option, it just brings me to a page that says "Oops! Something has gone wrong!" or something along those lines.

Any ideas here? About to just give up completely and move on.

14 Replies

@dbush2765 wrote:

So I've been using Sptify premium for a while now, using the same card the whole time with zero problems. 

Recently, a grocery store in my area had a security issue, which caused a ton of credit card numbers to be leaked out. My card was one of them, so we had to cancel the card last week. Obviously, I need to update with a new card now.

I'm trying to use my wife's card, and it keeps telling me it won't take it. I'm assuming it's due to the $0.00 charge they try to do, as I'm pretty sure my bank won't allow that. I was going to setup a Paypal account instead, but everytime I try to add Paypal as a payment option, it just brings me to a page that says "Oops! Something has gone wrong!" or something along those lines.

Any ideas here? About to just give up completely and move on.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Is your current subscription still active or has your account reverted to Spotify free? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It reverted back to the free version.

I have a new card coming in the mail, and was hoping my account would run long enough so that I could use the new one rather than my wife's. It looks like today was as long as I had though.

Not really sure why the paypal system isn't working, do you get as far as signing in via paypal? Can you try a different browser? 

Also, just looking at other options, what country are you in?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I just tried it in all three of my browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and IE), and still running into the same issue.

I don't get to the Paypal sign in screen. I go to add a new payment option, select Paypal and hit next. It just goes straight to "Oops! Something went wrong!". It gives the error for just selecting Paypal, there's never any other screen after hitting next with Paypal selected.

@dbush2765 wrote:

I just tried it in all three of my browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and IE), and still running into the same issue.

I don't get to the Paypal sign in screen. I go to add a new payment option, select Paypal and hit next. It just goes straight to "Oops! Something went wrong!". It gives the error for just selecting Paypal, there's never any other screen after hitting next with Paypal selected.

What country is your profile set to?

Profile is set to USA, and any card I use is tied to the US as well.

@dbush2765 wrote:

Profile is set to USA, and any card I use is tied to the US as well.

What exactly happened when you tried to add the card?

Also, is there a card attatched to your paypal?

I just setup the Paypal account with the card. I actually just used the card to buy something else online no more than 10 minutes ago and it worked just fine, so there shouldn't be any issues with the card.

When I try to use the card here, it fails at the final step, when it confirms my Facebook password. It tells me that the payment can't go through and that something's wrong with the card. I never see any errors when I add the card as a payment option, only when I actually try to resubscribe. 

Hi dbush2765 - Are you having trouble with just the final step? Or after you select PayPal and then continue?

Are you sure the card meets all the requirements to use it with Spotify?

The problem comes up when I select Paypal. Once I select paypal and try to continue, it errors out.

And the card should meet al requirements. Me and my wife both got these cards at the same time, from the same bank, and they were both identical other than the name they were under. I'm curious if Bank of America isn't letting a $0.00 charge go through.

This screen: http://i.imgur.com/RQKdBr7.png

Takes me straight to this screen: http://i.imgur.com/ZrKCTnR.png

The $0.00 charge shouldn't affect going to the next page of the website. 

I've given that a test and I can reach the next page on my browser after selecting PayPal. Have you tried clearing your browser history and giving it another go?

I was assuming the 0.00 charge was the reason why it wouldn't take my new card when I tried using just the card as a payment option.

I've been trying to use Paypal as an alternative since Spotify keeps denying the card. I just used the card 10 minutes ago somewhere else, so the card isn't the issue. I'll try clearing browser history and trying the Paypal option again.

Alright, I tried clearing browser history and nothing's changed. I still can't do anything with Paypal.

And just to clarify the issues, here's what is happening:

1. I tried using my wife's credit card as a payment option, the card was denied (assuming due to the 0.00 charge that my bank would probably block). The card works perfectly fine everywhere else.

2. Trying to pay another way, I attempted to use Paypal as a payment option. Selecting Paypal immediately brings me to an error screen.

Hi dbush2765 - Just following up on this, I can see you were able to successfully upgrade on the 24th. 

Which troubleshooting step worked for you here? Glad to see it's all sorted.

Suggested posts