Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wife's Spotify account's country is incorrect and can't join my Family Account!

Solved!

Wife's Spotify account's country is incorrect and can't join my Family Account!

Hi,

My wife and myself have recently moved from Malta to Spain.

Upon changing all our active subscriptions to reflect this, I noticed the Family subscription and opted for that. I have set this up on my account (this one) and got her to cancel her subscription. 

We went into her account afterwards and set her country so Spain also. Once her account expired, I sent her the invitation link. However, when she tries to join, it tells us that her account need to be from the same country as ours.

When logging into her account over view (and edit account page) it clearly states she is from Spain. I am assuming there is some logic that ties to this the last country of payment, but I have no way of clearing this.

Any suggestions anyone? She doesn't really want to make a new account as she would lose all her playlists etc. 😞

Thanks in advance,

Pierre

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

Thanks for all the help!

It seems that I just needed to regenerate the link?!

Thanks all anyway,

Pierre

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hello. I would like to give you a link to this article. Maybe you can check there if there is an issue there.

"Worst case scenario" is that she must create a new account. But you can contact Spotify support to get them to transfer the playlists from the old one. 🙂

Twitter
Contact form
Facebook

Hope it all works out!

-----------------------------
Tomas

I'm not a Spotify employee
Last.fm

@qtsohg

If your country codes appear different in your profiles, for example, one of them in uppercase and the other in lowercase, the system treats them as different countries.

In this case, it's better to delete her payment info before changing countries.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to her Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

After you've removed her payment info, change her country in profile (if you need to), and send by yourself the link generated through INVITE MEMBER BY LINK in your account, instead of letting the system send the mail.

Let her accept the invite logged in with their own username, and you should be set.
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hey,

Thanks for all the help!

It seems that I just needed to regenerate the link?!

Thanks all anyway,

Pierre

Suggested posts