Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will I lose all my playlists if i Upgrade to Premium

Will I lose all my playlists if i Upgrade to Premium

Im very afraid to upgrade to premium cuz i dont wanna lose the 14 playlists i have. i have spotify on my gallaxy s3 but its only radio cuz its free spotify but my playlists show up i just cant listen to them. if i upgrade on my home comp. will it also upgrade my fone and will i lose my playlists cuz im pretty sure my friend lost his wen he upgraded...

5 Replies

Hey 🙂 

Don't worry, your playlists are tied to your account and are not in any way related to your current subscription status. As long as you upgrade to premium on the same account as your playlists you should be good to go!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks again Peter.. ur the man... so if i upgrade  to premium u dont think ill have the problem where my friends wont be able to c my playlists, do u? They should still be able to c it if im premium and they're not.

@mikefurbs wrote:

Thanks again Peter.. ur the man... so if i upgrade  to premium u dont think ill have the problem where my friends wont be able to c my playlists, do u? They should still be able to c it if im premium and they're not.

Yup, absolutely 🙂 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Dear Spotify, one of my family members has recently upgraded to spotify premium. Previous replies given to others tell me that this shouldnt be happening. Did I do something wrong while setting it up for her? Is there an update I'm not aware of? Now she had to go back and like and add all those songs back onto her account.

Hey there @Leahkjohnson06!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

Users shouldn't lose their saved songs and playlists when they update their subscription plan.

What might've happened in your case is that you've linked a different account to the Family plan rather than the one your family member usually uses.

Take a look at this page to try and locate her other account and then she should be able to link that one to the plan and have access to her saved music.

Keep us posted on how it goes. We'll be here if you have any further questions.

Take care!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts