Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will I lose offline music and playlist if I cancel NY Times/Premium and resubscribe?

Solved!

Will I lose offline music and playlist if I cancel NY Times/Premium and resubscribe?

So this is kind of a very hypothetical/in the future type of question. I subscribed to Spotify Premium and The New York Times All Access as part of this NYT/Spotify promotion bundle, and it's a 1-year plan, which I'm locked into. I plan on canceling that once that is done which should be in 3 months, and then only subscribe to Spotify Premium. My question is, if I cancel and resubscribe, will I lose all my offline music and playlist and have to re-download and re-do the playlists again? I can deal with it, but I'd rather not have that hassle.

Additional question: If anyone else has done this or something similar, like canceling and resubcribing to Premium later, have there been issues with logging back in to your account?

Please let me know also if this has been answered beforem, and point me to any relevant thread(s). Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kawang11, welcome to the Spotify Community!

No worries, you'll only need to download your music for Offline Mode once again. You won't lose your playlists or credentials. 

Take care 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @kawang11, welcome to the Spotify Community!

No worries, you'll only need to download your music for Offline Mode once again. You won't lose your playlists or credentials. 

Take care 🙂

Suggested posts