Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will my friend be notified when I use their premium account?

Will my friend be notified when I use their premium account?

I have Apple Music and my friend shares their account with me only because I prefer the suggestions on spotify a lot more. I normally don't play songs within the app I usually just switch over to apple music and play it there (don't want to mess up their algorithm). Which leads me to my question, if my friend is listening to music (and I can see if they are) will they keep getting interrupted if I open the app? If so, i'm just going to stop using the account out of courtesy for them and just make the switch to Spotify.

1 Reply

Hi there @momokokomi,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Spotify Premium is an individual subscription created and built for the purpose and usage of one user.

Therefore, if your friend (the owner of the plan) is logged in, it might have them logged out or notify them that there might be a security issue as someone else is trying to use their account.

If this action continues, it might cause your friends account to have more security issues in the future.

I would not recommend sharing Spotify credentials to external users in order to avoid the issues I mentioned above.

Hope this clears things out a bit.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Suggested posts