Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't Allow me to Change my Country/Location

Solved!

Won't Allow me to Change my Country/Location

Sorry in advance if this is not where I should be posting this question, I am new to this site. 

I am on the free version of spotify. I recently went to the UK for three months and while I was there I was told to change my location, which I did. However, I am now back home in Canada and once again it is telling me that my country doesn't match and I should change it. However, when I tried the only option that came in the drop menu was UK. I couldn't even delete it or write in Canada myself. Can anyone help me with this, please? Without fixing this issue I won't be able to use my spotify.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @silvermoon21.

Thanks for reaching out to us - we'll be glad to help you out.

If you're already tried the relevant steps in this support article, we recommend you try opening the country settings page in your account overview (under Edit profile) in an incognito window or a different browser and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here in case you need any further help with this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @silvermoon21.

Thanks for reaching out to us - we'll be glad to help you out.

If you're already tried the relevant steps in this support article, we recommend you try opening the country settings page in your account overview (under Edit profile) in an incognito window or a different browser and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here in case you need any further help with this.

the country under account settings seems to be hard-set to USA and unable to change to Canada. There is no drop-down menu for countries list. Also tried opening the account overview in a different browser and Incongnito window, no luck there 😞  

I am trying to add my daughter under the same roof in Canada to the Premium Duo plan. Her account is hard-set to USA.

Hey @jossshe,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

In Spotify, the country or region of your account is based on where you were when you signed up. However, you can update this information later on, but the process may change according to your type of subscription.

If your daughter's account is in the free tier, the country can be changed directly from her account page. But keep in mind that the drop down list will only show the country where she's currently located. In case the account has an active Premium subscription, she will need to cancel the subscription, wait until the account reverts back to free and change the country with the steps of the free tier. You can find more info in this article.  

We'd also recommend disabling any VPN during this process to avoid the location system from affecting the process. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts