Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't let me change country!

Solved!

Won't let me change country!

Hello

I'm in Australia but started my account when I was based in the U.S

How do I change without entering payment info?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi everyone - Welcome to the Community! We're excited to have Australia and New Zealand as a part of the Spotify family now. 

As far as changing the country settings in your account, you won't be charged for updating your card details.  You just need to enter those details to change your country settings quickly and easily. 

Please just be sure your credit card meets all of the following requirements:

1. The country set in your Spotify account profile must match the country where your card is registered. If you want to it be Australia, you must use a card regsitered in Australia. 

2. Your card should be enabled for e-commerce transactions (Verified by Visa/Mastercard securecard card).

3. Your card must be open to be used for foreign purchases.

4. There are some banks that require other security authentifications, the most common one being 3DSecure.

Once you have checked all of the above, please to update your card details from the subscription page of your account. If you have any other questions you can get in touch via our contact form

@Adz11- I can see updating your payment details already made that change for you. Give us a shout if you have any other questions. 

View solution in original post

42 Replies

Hi tonyzee,

I'm having the same problem 😞

I'll get back to you if I can sort it out.

Hej there,

I started using Spotify in Spain but now I can't login anymore because I'm in a different country. Could you tell me how to change it without putting the payment Information if you figure out?

Greeds

From what I saw this morning, you can't change it without entering payment info. I had the same deal - did a free trial via VPN, then gave up, and this morning, the only way to change to AUS was to enter my details. That was alright with me though, because I intend to pay for it. Bit of an issue if you don't though!

Can't get it to work either. Australian that had US account but now back in Australia. I've entered payment details still no fix Very disappointing start.

Yep same here. I registered in sweden. I have tried entering payment info except it wont accept my cards or paypal..

I think our only option is to delete account and start over.Except not user friendly as u cannot do this online!!

HELP spotify this shouldnt be so difficult!..

Same here, can't update my country details or delete account to recreate.

Thanks!

Marked as solution

Hi everyone - Welcome to the Community! We're excited to have Australia and New Zealand as a part of the Spotify family now. 

As far as changing the country settings in your account, you won't be charged for updating your card details.  You just need to enter those details to change your country settings quickly and easily. 

Please just be sure your credit card meets all of the following requirements:

1. The country set in your Spotify account profile must match the country where your card is registered. If you want to it be Australia, you must use a card regsitered in Australia. 

2. Your card should be enabled for e-commerce transactions (Verified by Visa/Mastercard securecard card).

3. Your card must be open to be used for foreign purchases.

4. There are some banks that require other security authentifications, the most common one being 3DSecure.

Once you have checked all of the above, please to update your card details from the subscription page of your account. If you have any other questions you can get in touch via our contact form

@Adz11- I can see updating your payment details already made that change for you. Give us a shout if you have any other questions. 

I'm having the same issue and I don't currently have a card.  I've been a Spotify Premium customer for years but now can't get any of my playlists here in Aus.  It would be useful if you could allow us to have free access without entering card details.  I fully intend on renewing my premium access once I have bank cards but find it frustrating that we can't.

I used to be in the UK...

I'm having the same problem as I don't have a credit card. Is there any way that I can change countries without having a credit card?

Users without credit cards will simply need to get in touch via our contact form to change their country settings. Our customer service department can help from there. 

Nevermind... as much as I love the full range of music and the hundreds of playlists I've built up over the years with Spotify, the many many hours I've spent putting all my music in order (because the devs couldn't put a sort by name function in) I'm tired of jumping through hoops and paying for the privilage.

I bid you adieu Spotify - Rdio here I come.

Hey @meredith I dont have a swedish card and my account was set up in sweden while on holiday. could you help?

I cannot use my australian card because of this.

Can you please provide a way to get my account switched to Australian?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi lachy- Thanks for getting back to me--let's see if I can clarify this a bit more. You need an Australian credit card (not a Swedish one) to change your country to Australia. 

Please update your account with your Australian credit card details or with a new Australian PayPal account. Using the PayPal you established in Sweden won't work now that you're in a different country. 

Once those details are updated your account country will change to Australia automatically. 

Spotify isn't allowing me to update my country info at all, with or without a valid payment method. The area is grayed out, despite the fact that I am in the U.S. and my IP address is a U.S. IP. I was in Germany and then in the UK with my account, but that shouldn't affect my ability to change it to my *actual* home.

Please help and thanks in advance.

Hi spspsopot - The only way to change your country settings is by updating your credit card details. When you use your US credit card it will automatically change your account country.

Don't worry--your card won't be charged. Please head over to your subscription page to make that change.

If you don't have a US credit card you'll just need to write to us via the contact form.

I have the same problem.  Used the contact form and got a crass email sending me back to here with a noreply email address so you can't get back to them.  seriously not impressed.

Hi the_integrator - If you receive a response directing you back to the Community please just reply again to that email thread.

One of our agents will then get back in touch and help change your country settings.

Why don't you fix your obviously crap support system and stop telling users to do twice the work that should be necessary in order to request such a simple thing as changing country?

I would if I could but I can't.

As explained in my post, it comes from a noreply email address noreply-support@spotify.com

Suggested posts