Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't let me change my country

Won't let me change my country

I live in the United States on a Premium for Family Plan and the account lapsed due to a change in credit card information. Upon logging into Spotify I was asked to change my country to the one I am currently traveling in. The payment information was updated soon after but my Spotify will not let switch the country associated with my account to join the Family plan. Upon opening the drop down menu in the edit profile section the only country available to select is the one I am traveling in. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

2 Replies

Did you notice this button?

2019-05-28.png

Hey @llerande67.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help 🙂

One of the requirements for being a member of someone's Premium for Family plan is to be living at the same address as them. This also means that you have to be in the same country, so you won't be able to (re-)join the plan as long as you're not in the same country as the plan owner.

If you're planning to be away from your home country for a while and you want to use Spotify, we suggest that you get a regular Premium subscription. Alternatively, you could stay on free, however you will only be able to use it for 14 days before being prompted to upgrade to Premium. You can read more about this here.

Hope that makes sense! We'll be here in case you have any further questions.

Suggested posts