Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't let me connect my account to Facebook

Won't let me connect my account to Facebook

Hey,

I want to connect my Spotify account to my Facebook account, I've been having some issues getting it to work. Whenever I try to manually connect my account to Facebook via the Spotify website, I keep getting the same error message:

'Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later.'

And whenever I try to login with Facebook on any of my Spotify apps (I use Spotify on Windows and iOS), it successfully logs me into Facebook on the popup window but I then get the error 'The username or password is incorrect. (Error code: 3)' I know this is incorrect because I am 100% sure that I am entering my details in correctly and when I tried logging in with incorrect details purposely, it's the Facebook popup that throws the error.

I've reinstalled Spotify both on Windows and iOS and am completely out of ideas.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies

Hey there, @user-removed!

Thanks for coming to the Community, we'd love to help.

Can you try reinstalling the app for us with these steps?

Then, we'd recommend restarting your device too, just to be sure 🙂

If you could try once more after with the exact steps here, let us know how it goes:
https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_basics/using-spotify-with-facebook/

Keep us posted 🙂

/M

Thanks for the reply,

I uninstalled and restarted my devices again. I tyried logging in with Facebook on my PC first however this didn't work. Luckily, logging in with Facebook on my phone finally worked and I was able to login on my PC after logging in on my phone.

Many thanks,

Lewis

Suggested posts