Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wont let me disconnect my FB account.

Solved!

Wont let me disconnect my FB account.

Hello,
I got a new phone and when I downloaded spotify, I ended up with some account with the number 12174169283 and it was attached to my facebook so I never noticed anything wrong untill I got premium on it and realised that it wasn't on my old phone (which has Spotify). My premium has expired and I am trying to disconnect my fb from it to attach it to my older, actual spotify but it wont let me disconnect. It also wont even let me set or change the password on it because the acc 12174169283 has NO EMAIL attached to it. It has been frustrating.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @AkinFly, welcome to the community!

Sounds like you have two Spotify accounts. One was created via Facebook "12174169283", and the other one with your chosen email address and password.

Since the account that's using your Facebook profile was created via Facebook, you can't simply disconnect them. In this case, you'll need to first close the account following these steps.

Once the account is closed, your Facebook profile will be free, and you'll be able to link it to the other Spotify account without any trouble.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @AkinFly, welcome to the community!

Sounds like you have two Spotify accounts. One was created via Facebook "12174169283", and the other one with your chosen email address and password.

Since the account that's using your Facebook profile was created via Facebook, you can't simply disconnect them. In this case, you'll need to first close the account following these steps.

Once the account is closed, your Facebook profile will be free, and you'll be able to link it to the other Spotify account without any trouble.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts