Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Work in the merchant navy with no internet connection - but would like to use Spotify.

Work in the merchant navy with no internet connection - but would like to use Spotify.

Hi - this post is on behalf of another.

My partner is going away to Antartica in the coming weeks and pays for a Spotify subscription. However, after a month at sea with no internet connection, it stops him from being able to access his offline playlists as no connection has been made to the Spotify servers in a 30 day period to verify the subscription. 

Is there a way to get round this?

Thanks, 

AB

1 Reply

Hello @user-removed

There have been many posts from people in a similar situation (no internet and can't connect every 30 days)

Unfortunately Spotify has an offline file system that requires you to connect the app to the internet once every 30 days to verify the subscription and to send information back so plays can be counted and artists can get paid for those plays. There is no way around this. This is mainly to protect the app from abuse.

For situations like this is would probably be best to download music from an MP3 site such as iTunes.

Sorry about that

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts