Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Worst customer service ever

Worst customer service ever

Spotify officially had the worst customer service . I have sent to emails the first of which was almost a week ago . The account that spotify was hooked up to had no money in it , tried to cancel it but he site wasn't working . Charged me an overdraft fee . I need a refund now , and since there is no contact number , which is ridiculous by the way . I can't get a hold of anyone . It's urgent that I talk to someone instead of sending emails to some stupid ass account
11 Replies

If you haven't done so already, use the online contact form and someone at Spotify will look into this for you. If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply) and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

yea its been over a week now and ive sent two emails and posted on here , still nothing, im about to go to my bank and just put a claim against spotify, this is getting ridiculous, i mean this is 2013 get a f***ing phone number, hire some people , and actually give your paying customers some REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE , oh and i canceled my account maybe 3 days after i was charged, and now i dont get to listen to it at all? this seems like robbery to me .

@Travisbee wrote:

yea its been over a week now and ive sent two emails and posted on here , still nothing, im about to go to my bank and just put a claim against spotify, this is getting ridiculous, i mean this is 2013 get a f***ing phone number, hire some people , and actually give your paying customers some REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE , oh and i canceled my account maybe 3 days after i was charged, and now i dont get to listen to it at all? this seems like robbery to me .

Can you post your case number from when you got in touch and I will ask someone to chase it up for you? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi.I have exactly this same problem. I was charged 9.99 after i canceled my free trial and found out it happens to many people and spotify does not even have any real customer service.Robery

Use the online contact formand someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

@adamemes wrote:

Hi.I have exactly this same problem. I was charged 9.99 after i canceled my free trial and found out it happens to many people and spotify does not even have any real customer service.Robery

Travisbee - It looks like we replied to you a few times, but we never heard back. As my colleagues mentioned in our emails, we've refunded that payment. You should see it back in your account.

adamemes - Looks like you set up that 30 day Premium trial on 2 accounts. You cancelled one, just not the other. Don't worry, your email has come through to the payments team, you should hear back shortly. Keep an eye on your inbox.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

That's complete bull**bleep**! I've tried, and it's refusing to recognize my email or password, which I know are correct because it logged me into reg Spotify radio, but it won't switch to my Premium THAT I FRICKIN PAYING FOR!!!!! I swear to God, if you guys don't fix this problem, I'm getting rid of my acct and writing a HORRIBLE 1☆ REVIEW ONLINE!!!!!

@bgp122 wrote:
That's complete bull**bleep**! I've tried, and it's refusing to recognize my email or password, which I know are correct because it logged me into reg Spotify radio

Is it your username you're using to login or your full email address?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I am having very similar issues

I know my password is correct, but had to reset it to get in and update my payment online

that locked me out of my app

I have emailed them and they have emailed me asking for my info

now nothing

24 hours? should be an hour at most.

I am still waiting for a reply 

all over reseting my password... which works here, but not my app. 

How do u cancel/delete an account?

Suggested posts