Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Would reinstalling the app remove my liked songs?

Solved!

Would reinstalling the app remove my liked songs?

I have recently been blessed with the bug of always seeming to be in offline mode. I can play all of the music I have saved but I am not allowed to stream anything, unless I restart my phone. I have tried all of the troubleshooting routes for this issue besides reinstalling the app. 

I am wondering if I reinstall the app will I have to go through and find all of the songs I have added to my library or will they simply just have to be redownloaded. I am cool with having to wait for the songs to download but having to go through every artist I listen to and finding the songs and clicking "+" on them again would be a real pain.

Please help me as I have been paying for this service for half a year now and not only am I not able to change my username from a bunch of number to my ACTUAL name, but now it seems like I am just going to have to restart building my whole library.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @JustinAlbers,

That's all you have to do. Just simply toggle the Download switch back on, then it'll be back to the way it was. You will not lose anything at all.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @JustinAlbers, welcome to the community!

Reinstalling the app will only remove your deleted songs. But this does not remove them from your Spotify library. Everything will be intact when you reinstall.

Hope this helps!

Thank you @MickeyDXIII. So, as I have my spotify set to automatically download my library all I would have to do is log in and press that toggle again? I'm not sure what you mean by clearing my deleted songs. Please explain.

Marked as solution

Hey @JustinAlbers,

That's all you have to do. Just simply toggle the Download switch back on, then it'll be back to the way it was. You will not lose anything at all.

Thanks.

Suggested posts