Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Facebook Linked to My Spotify

Solved!

Wrong Facebook Linked to My Spotify

A friend mistakenly linked his Facebook to my Spotify account and imported all his friends, etc.  I need to have his Facebook profile unlinked from my account so that I may link mine instead.   Please help.  Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sam, I was following those instructions repeatedly and the app kept reconnecting to Andy Ospina's facebook profile.   I've tried it again now after you disconnected from your end (I also had opened a ticket via the Contact form) and now it is connecting to my Facbook profile instead.    I don't recall telling it which Facebook account was mine, so perhaps the app is pulling the info automatically through the Facebook API.   If that's the case, then that's how it got screwed up in the first place when my friend was signed in to Facebook.

At any rate, it appears to be working now.   Thank you for your time and help.

Stivan

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Stivan777 - Not to worry, it's pretty easy to sort. Log into your Spotify and go to 'Preferences' ('Edit' in Windows, 'Spotify' on a Mac). If you then scroll down, you'll see 'Disconnect from Facebook'.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

That doesn't work.   When I log back in again it has linked my Stivan777 account to "Andy Ospina", who is not me.   I am unable to unlink this Facebook account and all of its imported friends.   Also, on the web site, it tells me "You have already imported your Facebook friends into Spotify.  Have fun."

I need someone on Spotify's end to fix this.   Thanks.

Please disconnect Andy Ospina's facebook profile from my premium Spotify account.   Thanks.

How are you logging in? Using your email address or your username? Following Sam's steps should get this fixed...
Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply.  I'm logging in with my username, Stivan777.   When I log in, the name displayed in the upper right is 'Andy Ospina', and there is a long list of his friends listed uner 'People'.  I then go to preferences and 'Disconnect from Facebook'.  My display name then reverts back to 'stivan777'.

Now, if I exit Spotify and start it again, it is once more logged in as 'Andy Ospina.'

If I do the above, disconnect from Facebook, log out Stivan777, then start Spotify and log in as Stivan777, I will also again be logged in as 'Andy Ospina.'

I am unable to permanently disconnect this user's Facebook account from my Spotify account.  I would like to connect my own Facebook account, but I cannot get that far.   This is something that is going to have to happen on the back end unless you have other instructions for me.   I've seen posts where moderators Richard and Meredith have done exactly this--I suspect this is what needs to be done to resolve my situation.

Thanks,

Stivan

My spotify account is also linked to the wrong Facebook profile. But when I go to preferences (Mac), I don't see an option to disconnect. How can I get my account like to my Facebook profile?

It sounds like the Windows and Mac versions should be the same.  It's listed under Social Network at the bottom of Preferences.

However, disconnecting is not fixing my issue.   My account is still linked to the wrong Facebook profile.   You will not be able to link the correct Facebook file to your account until Spotify de-links the incorrect Facebook profile.

This is what I need to have done.

Guys, I really need your help.

I need my Spotify account de-linked from the wrong Faebook account.   This is not the same as disconnecting the Spotify app from Facebook.

Stivan777 - If you followed the instructions I mentioned before, you will be able to disconnect. I have just disconnected your account anyway, so just log in with the username 'stivan777'.

Maryl - If you were to log into your Spotify with your Facebook details, you should access the right account.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Marked as solution

Sam, I was following those instructions repeatedly and the app kept reconnecting to Andy Ospina's facebook profile.   I've tried it again now after you disconnected from your end (I also had opened a ticket via the Contact form) and now it is connecting to my Facbook profile instead.    I don't recall telling it which Facebook account was mine, so perhaps the app is pulling the info automatically through the Facebook API.   If that's the case, then that's how it got screwed up in the first place when my friend was signed in to Facebook.

At any rate, it appears to be working now.   Thank you for your time and help.

Stivan

Hi Sam, the problem is that my paid-Spotify account is linked to a secondary Facebook profile I created to use only for Spotify due to privacy concerns. I want to transfer my Spotify account, including playlists, to my primary Facebook profile, but I don't see any option under preferences to delink from Facebook so I can do that. Is that not possible?

Hi Maryl,

This isn't possible I'm afraid. We'd be able to give you all your playlists, but we're not able to transfer a subscription across accounts.

Anyhow, I think it's best you get in touch with Customer Support. We'd need to take a few security details to help you further, which we can't really do here. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'. They'll get back to you as soon as they can.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I am having this same problem.  I've disconnected from Facebook, logged out and logged back in and it is still connected to the wrong account!  I am also getting emails addressed to the other person's name.  So, it seems to extend beyond my local computer!  I've followed the steps advised in this conversation, and here to no avail:

https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/#!/article/My-Spotify-is-connected-to-wrong-Facebook-account

It seems like something is definitely updated in your back end.  Please disconnect this asap.

Further, I am disappointed that this happened.  The other person used my browser to acccess their facebook account for a short period.  Even if Spotify was used at the same time, it was never disconnected from my FB profile, nor was I logged out and back into Spotify.  There's no reason it should be looking at my browser activity to determine my spotify account details.

I am having the same issue and the information given above is incorrect. I have an hp and when I go into edit profile there is absolutely no option to disconnect from someone's facebook. If a screen shot can be given, I'll believe it but I've been over that page dozens of times and nowhere do I see the option.

@lopeza430430 wrote:

I am having the same issue and the information given above is incorrect. I have an hp and when I go into edit profile there is absolutely no option to disconnect from someone's facebook. If a screen shot can be given, I'll believe it but I've been over that page dozens of times and nowhere do I see the option.

If you don't have those options then you are actually signed into Spotify using someone else's Facebook account. 

Go to File > Log out and log back in using your own details 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts