Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Facebook-account

Solved!

Wrong Facebook-account

What do I do if someone else connected their Facebook-account to my Spotify-account? Is there a way I can change it?

134 Replies

My user is jufoster

I have the same issue, trying to do it via the above solution but it does not work.

can you pls help?

Thanks!

Marked as solution

@JuFoster and @fiafluff Was your account created with a facebook login? Your username here will show as a 10 digit number if it was. If so, you can't disconnect from facebook and will need a new account with a spotify username. The easiest way is to get in touch with support and they'll help you. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

i cant Disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook, i have try so manny tims now.

Have you followed the steps here?
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Tutorial-How-to-Disconnect-Spotify-from-F...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

If you're still having trouble after following the steps that Peter shared, don't panic! Just get in touch using our online form and one of our advisors will be happy to help fix this for you. If you receive an autoresponse, just send an email directly in reply and someone will be in touch shortly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Hey! I got my friend's Facebook account connected to my Spotify. Whenever I log in, her name and profile picture is on the top right corner. In the preferences it says "Connect to Facebook" but it doesn't work. I have reinstalled Spotify on my Mac and followed all the steps given in the solutions section, but still got the problem. Could you somehow disconnect the wrong account from my Spotify? My username is clubfloorluv. Cheers!

You're not Sonja then? You should be able to disconnect your account from facebook, following the instructions in the first part of this FAQ. It may take a couple of days to update on your desktop client although everyone else will see the change immediately.

Sonja is my friend and her Facebook profile is connected to my Spotify. I think it was Monday when I discovered this problem and clicked "Disconnect from Facebook" but nothing has happened yet. Could it take this long? Now in the preferences there is only an option "Connect to Facebook" but it doesn't connect with a different account. Seems like it's stuck somehow since her profile is still showing on my Spotify account but I can't connect to the right account.

Strange. If you get in touch with spotify here, they can help. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

I need help, I had a spotify account (not connected to fb) I tried connecting it with my fb and i accidently connected it to my sisters, now i cant disconnect them and all my sisters playlists are gone!, i've tried everything.

this is exhausting

Please look at my post, Im having the same problem!

@user-removed Just follow the instructions here to reconnect your account to your own facebook. Note that, if you use the desktop client, it can take a few days for it to update and show the correct profile although everyone else will see it immediately.

Someone else has connected my Spotify to their facebook account and I want to change it for mine.  None of the suggestions in these posts solves the probblem. Any Spotify admin help greatfully received.

Please use the online contact formand someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

@MarkChesterman wrote:

Someone else has connected my Spotify to their facebook account and I want to change it for mine.  None of the suggestions in these posts solves the probblem. Any Spotify admin help greatfully received.

@MarkChesterman

I'm having a similar problem, and I've been extremely frustrated and unhappy with Spotify's customer service.  

I was using my boyfriend's iPad last week and I accidentally linked my Spotify account to his Facebook account instead of mine.  After reading about how to fix this issue, I discovered that I was supposed to be able to resolve it myself through the Spotify app by going under Preferences>Social Network>Connect to Facebook.  I've been trying this for the past three days and it hasn't worked -- I guess it's a glitch in the program. 

After reading this thread, I submitted a help request through the Spotify contact form asking for help, and received the following atuomated response:

If you have a question about Spotify, your first stop should be the Spotify Community http://community.spotify.com/ for support from other users. This is also a great place to read up on any company updates that might affect your service as well as posting your own ideas and feedback.

Then check out our Help pages http://support.spotify.com The FAQs contain solutions to the most common queries and guides on how to use Spotify's features.

You can also now follow or Tweet our Spotify Customer Service Team @Spotifycares for all things Spotify.

We're sure that these solutions will help you with your query. Remember that we'll keep you in the loop on any major service updates via our Twitter:
https://twitter.com/spotifystatus @Spotifystatus

Kind regards,
Spotify Customer Service Team

This was completely unhelpful, as I had already taken most of these steps and I really just need a Spotify employee to help me.  I replied directly to this email, as well as tweeted multiple times to @SpotifyCares as suggested in this message, and still have not heard anything back.  I am beyond frustrated.  SPOTIFY, PLEASE DO YOUR JOB AND HELP ME USE YOUR SERVICE CORRECTLY.  I am at the end of my rope and I feel as though there is no way for me to talk to an actual human being at Spotify.   I've done everything I can think of to fix this issue. 

I am having the same problem. I'm signed into my facebook account, but the user name is my friends and I have his playlists, even though it shows a picture of me. I've tried logging in and out several times. 

@crothenberg - Reply directly to that automated email and that will bump your case over to an adviser.

@joshrosema - If you could also get in touch here and then reply to the automated email someone will be able to lend a hand:
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Peter

I cannot get Facebook to Disconnect from my son's user name on his FB account.  When I try to manually disconnect Facebook through the desktop version, it only gives me the Connect option.  If I try to connect, it doesn't do anything.  When I try to manually connect via the online version of Spotify, I am automatically taken to a notice that all of my Facebook contacts and settings have been successfully synced - when I didn't do anything.

This is the second time I've tried to correct this - first time I was so frustrated with dead ends and support not understanding what my issue was that I gave up.  

Someone help!!! 

@user-removed - What is your Spotify username?

Peter

Suggested posts