Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Facebook-account

Solved!

Wrong Facebook-account

What do I do if someone else connected their Facebook-account to my Spotify-account? Is there a way I can change it?

134 Replies

Hi. I have the same problem, why is it so difficult to understand this site? can you please reset my acount too so i can connect my spotify account to me own facebook account. and maybe you should do something aboute this site, then people could have done it them self instead that you should do itj all the time!

Hi hvlaugen - I've just disconnected the Facebook profile linked to your 'hvlaugen' account.

If you ever want to edit the account linked to your Spotify account, just go to your Preferences page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac). 

Please note that this option is only for users that joined without Facebook and thus have their own Spotify username. It's not possible to disconnect an account created via Facebook.

I also have this problem . My son somehow connected his facebook account to my spotify account. At first when I signed in, only his playlistsand info were showing. I disconnected from Facebook, and ow I cannot log in at all. It says invalid username.

Please advise what I should do!

It looks like you've ended up with two accounts - see my post here.

If that doesn't help, drop us a line through our contact form and we'll assist.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Mine has also done the same thing 

but it's giving me no option to disconnect from facebook 

it instead says connect to facebook and when i do it says failed to enable spotify social.... 

Sehill123 - I've just disconnected your account from Facebook, which may help. Just log in with the username 'sehill123'.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hey!

My Spotify is not connected to my facebook, but to my sisters facebook. And I can´t disconnect it.
What can I do? Please help me. 

Hi bjervis - I've just moved your post to this more relevant thread. 

If you ever want to edit the FB account linked to your Spotify account, just go to your Preferences page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac). 

From there select 'Disconnect from Facebook' under Social Network. Once it's been properly removed the button will change to 'Connect to Facebook'.

hi

I have also the same problem with a friend has loged his facebook account to my spotify. When I go in to prefrence and push connect facebook it would not connect my account. I can see his picture up in the right corner.

needhelp, thanks

@asbjovat wrote:

hi

I have also the same problem with a friend has loged his facebook account to my spotify. When I go in to prefrence and push connect facebook it would not connect my account. I can see his picture up in the right corner.

needhelp, thanks

Your case is a little complicated. Just get in touch via our contact form and we'll go over this.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Yea, I have the same problem here. Except I don't see no "Social Network" tab or the Disconnect from Facebook button.
Could you disconnect for me like you did with that other fellow? 

Thanks - Fazoki.

Don't log in with Facebook, use your Spotify account to log in. If you don't have a Spotify username, you have signed up with Facebook which means you're permanently connected.

If that is the case, you'll have to make a new account without Facebook.

I'd like to do that, but now I have Premium so that's a problem. You disconnected the Facebook link from that other dude, so why can't you do the same for me?

Hey Fazoki, as Stupify says - since your account was created via Facebook we can't disconnect the profile.

If you need assistance getting the subscription transferred to a new account get in touch via our contact form and the team will help you out.

Hi!

I have the exact same problem.. Someone else´s facebook account is connected to my spotify. I have tried to disconnect it, and connect my own facebook to my spotify-account, but it doesnt work. When I log in to spotify it is that persons name and profile picture showing in the right corner, and that persons friends. What should I do?

Thanx!

Hi tigernicole - This can be sorted quite easily. Please check out our guide posted right here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Wrong-Facebook-attached-to-my-accou...

hey Richard. Mine is also connected to a facebook account that's not  my spotify account. Can you unlink for me?

Hi shawnstroope - Have you tried the steps in the link I posted above?

Looks like that's already sorted for you. 

I've somehow gotten my Spotify account crossed witha friend's Facebook account.  Despite repeated attempts to disconnect Facebook through the preferences section, I'm still getting assorted combinations of my user name and her FB pic, or my pic and her name.  All of my searches indicate that you can't change the name on your account, but it has definitely happened to mine...  How do I get my user name back to me (and not her) and ensure I'm linked to my own FB account (and not hers)?

I have the same problem as kdadams1 had. My husband connected my Spotify account to his Facebook. I've tried many times to disconnect FB and connect again but I se my picture, my playlists, my friends but his name.

Suggested posts