Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Facebook-account

Solved!

Wrong Facebook-account

What do I do if someone else connected their Facebook-account to my Spotify-account? Is there a way I can change it?

134 Replies

@sofiesjostrand wrote:

I have the same problem as kdadams1 had. My husband connected my Spotify account to his Facebook. I've tried many times to disconnect FB and connect again but I se my picture, my playlists, my friends but his name.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If your Spottify username is "sofiesjostrand" I just loaded your Spotify profile and I am guessing it is showing correctly as "Sofie".

It could be data hanging around in your client locally, try a clean reinstalation of the client and see if that helps. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I had the same problem. I followed these suggested solutions, and although my name and email are now linked to spotify, I've lost all of my playlists. How can I get them back?! 

I started an account on Spotify ages ago via Facebook. Now I got a free premium account via my phone. So I created a new account (finansakrobat2). But I am unable to disconnect the previous facebook-account (the disconnect from facebook-option does not exist) and I get an error on both desktop and phone when I try to connect the other account. 

mschlueter and finansakrobat2 - If you both email into Customer support here they will be able to fix those issues for you. 

Peter

Peter

Have similar issues with my account that is linked to the wrong FB account.  However, I do not have the Social Networking part in my preferences (mac).  I need to get this account linked to my FB page.  Help.

@69wiking wrote:

Have similar issues with my account that is linked to the wrong FB account.  However, I do not have the Social Networking part in my preferences (mac).  I need to get this account linked to my FB page.  Help.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you don't have the social networks options in your Preferences it means you are logged into a Facebook account. Are you saying that is not the correct Facebook account? 

If you want to move your Spotify account from one Facebook account to another you will need some Spotify team help - you can email then from here.

Peter

Peter

I have emailed 2 times over the past week and have not heard yet. 

@user-removed wrote:

I have emailed 2 times over the past week and have not heard yet. 

Do you have a case number from when you got in touch that I can escalate to the community staff for you?

Peter

Peter

First email - Case # 00626731

Second email - Case # 00631233

@user-removed wrote:

First email - Case # 00626731

Second email - Case # 00631233

Check your email!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Can you please disconnect the Sharnie Hughes name and her picture from my account?  My account username is campbell.hughes

I have taken all recommended actions from this post, but to no avail.  Thanks for your help.

I suggest you submit an online contact form and someone at Spotify will look into this for you. If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply) and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Please disconnect my account from facebook, it won't work. Thanks

HELP ME.

I don't have spotify premium så my friend logged on my phone with spotify. She connected it to my facebook. So now i have spotify premium(something i don't). And all my playlists are gone. And we can't find out where to fix it. We can't remove 'friends' in spotify. 

How can we fix this?!

@helenegjessing wrote:

HELP ME.

I don't have spotify premium så my friend logged on my phone with spotify. She connected it to my facebook. So now i have spotify premium(something i don't). And all my playlists are gone. And we can't find out where to fix it. We can't remove 'friends' in spotify. 

How can we fix this?!

Hello, helenegjessing! You should be able to disconnect from your friend's Facebook by following all the steps outlined in this thread. Please let me know if that helps!

Hey!

I´ve wrong fbook-my brothers- in my spoty account,with his name and his picture in the right corner of the screen, btw I dont have any fbaccount and I dont know how to delete it.thanks so much!

Hello, teresajm! Just follow all the steps outlined in this thread.

I have the same problem, I tried everything but it won't change...

@uniqtim wrote:

I have the same problem, I tried everything but it won't change...

Hey Tim,

It looks like your Facebook profile is back on your account...  Is everything working OK now?

No still the wrong person in the right corner...

Suggested posts