Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong PSN account linked, cant unlink?

Solved!

Wrong PSN account linked, cant unlink?

My PC was still signed in with a friend's account and even though i entered my own email & pass in the final box my Spotify Account still got linked to his PSN account.

I've been trying for abit and there doesn't seem to be a logic way of unlinking. Anyone knows how i can?

Thanks.

103 Replies

I've tried to log into my Spotify account on my Ps4 for awhile now. It keeps saying my account is linked to a psn account already. I logged out of everywhere and nothings happening. I'm getting restless.

I am having the same problem. I can't figure out which account my spotify was signed in on.. so now I am unable to use it on my own account. Really frustrating.. I wish that spotifys "sign me out of everywhere" included playstation accounts.

I dont understand why they can't just implement a forget all devices/sign out of all devices like iTunes and Facebook have. Come on, while the listening through Bluetooth on my smart phone works for now, I'd still like to have access to the menus at least. Because I am literally at a brick wall. I sold off my last PS4 to my sisters now ex husband and now that they are (ex) we obvious haven't spoken with him and there is no way I can access that PS4. Ugh...

This. **bleep**ing this I'm really fed up with Spotify atom **bleep** these guys

@MakeMeChortle wrote:
This works for me: use your phones Bluetooth to connect to PS4, then start playing a song from phone. PS4 will then prompt you to connect Spotify account to that specific PS4. When you click connect the error message will come up, but music should be playing from tv speakers. Press the center button on PS4 controller to go to 'dashboard/homepage.' Music will still be playing. Change song to your liking from your phone and it will continue playing from tv speakers/PS4 via Bluetooth

Thank you!

This works as a temporary solution. But I don't get the fade during cutscenes as the poster below you wrote, which is a pretty significant function.

I tried logging in on all my PS4 accounts (I have one for each region) and starting Spotify, but it doesn't seem like my spotify is linked with any account that I have on my PS4. And I never removed any account on my PS4.

I don't get HOW I got this issue. The only account I could have linked it to is my main one, altough my PSN account is tied to a different email than my Spotify account. Is that perhaps the problem? Or was Spotify available for PS3 a long time ago? Maybe I linked it then, but it would have been the same account I'm using on the PS4, which it is saying is already linked, so I can't login... uhhg :C

I might have to try contacting spotify and asking them to transfer my account to a new one like someone earlier claimed worked for them. But there should really be a way to log out/unlink all your devices. I don't even remember using spotify on ps4 before, maybe once :0 Now that I'm using Spotify and paying for it I really wanna use it while gaming on my PS4 though...

What can I do if the old psn account no longer works? I wiped my PlayStation and started a new one but my Spotify is said it's still linked to the old account.
Devices offline doesn't have the old PlayStation on there either

I had to call Spotify and they recreated a new account with all my info including playlists and what not. That's the only way I found.

i've been with spotify since very first beta testing and now this fkn problem gets me so pissed im gonna change to any other music streaming service. i've given so much money to you and now you dont even reply to this thread anymore. 

makes me a bit sad this is the way how this thing ends but i can tell you it stops now.

so long sweetpie.

What do you do if you don't have access to the console that the account was signed into?

I can't use that link either I just get a 404 page
SmartSelectImage_2017-08-22-19-39-35.png

So I'm in a similar situation. My Spotify is signed in via my Facebook account, and linked to another PSN account. I have absolutely no idea who's as it was done ages ago before I had a PS.

i do not want to go and set up a new Spotify account and the arseache involved in what is described above. I pay for a Premium Family account with Spotify; all is completely above board, but I have no way of finding out which PSN account it is linked to so it's completely unusable via my PS4. 

If Spotify has no way of disconnecting erroneous accounts, as every other company seems to be able to do, I guess if I have to disconnect and set up a new account I might as well do so with Google Play Music or Amazon Music instead.

Well unless things have changed in the couple years since this happened,
that is the only way. It really wasnt a big deal and it was fast enough
that aside from signing in again, you couldnt even tell it was a different
account. They loaded all of my prior accounts info and I lost literally
nothing. So that is a solution that took a few emails to remedy. So not
sure what else you can do to make it any easier.

To make it easier is for Spotify to give ther account owner, who some of us PAY MONEY for their subscription, the option to unlink any and all access to their account from the account page instead of needing to hunt down someother person and ask their permission to disable the account from the device. 
No, it is my darn account. If i dont want someone else using it i shouldnt have to go over to them, ask them to log out, and just hope that they do. 

Marked as solution

https://link.playstationmusic.com/spotify/details/

Click this link and log in with the old PSN id, if you can, or have your friend do so. They can click unlink from there and that worked on my PS4

AT LAST!

A simple solution with the right link that worked first time. Having searched for months to get the answer, this one was it. Thank you.

Spotify/Sony, shame on you for making this more complicated than it needed to be. Just allow "sign out of all devices" as every other account would.

what link were you able to use?

well i had a ps4 account, i downloaded spotify but then i deleted my account and made a new one. i do not know the password on my old account and it is still linked pls help

Sarleann solution worked for me!

@Sarleann wrote:

https://link.playstationmusic.com/spotify/details/

Click this link and log in with the old PSN id, if you can, or have your friend do so. They can click unlink from there and that worked on my PS4

My psn account has been banned so Ye 

Suggested posts