Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong PSN account linked, cant unlink?

Solved!

Wrong PSN account linked, cant unlink?

My PC was still signed in with a friend's account and even though i entered my own email & pass in the final box my Spotify Account still got linked to his PSN account.

I've been trying for abit and there doesn't seem to be a logic way of unlinking. Anyone knows how i can?

Thanks.

103 Replies

Great job on passing feedback. Over a year later and I'm having this problem. I've been suscribed to Spotify for 3 years now and am considering unsubscribing. I don't see how can I cant trust your company to handle my information when it's clear you guys can't even handle this correctly. 

Great job on passing feedback. Over a year later and I'm having this problem. I've been suscribed to Spotify for 3 years now and am considering unsubscribing. I don't see how can I cant trust your company to handle my information when it's clear you guys can't even handle this correctly. 

And how do I do this if I do not even know who the owner of the playstation is?

Hey @thetallerpaul,

The best course of action when something like that happens is to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username of your choice.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Connected devices (including the PlayStation) stay with the old account, so you'll have a fresh start without them.
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The post above me by osornios. That is what i ended up doing..

The reply from Spotify came the next day, and after i confirmed my old and new account with the 4 last digits of my payment card, they transferred all my playlists, liked music etc into the new account.
Even my premium subscription, i just have to update the payment info on the new account. My new account was up and running, with Premium and all my old music in 5 minutes.

Great customer supprot from Spotify on this, atleast. I recommend doing this..

I have same issue! Spotify don't whant customers to call and ask questions, but when you miss to have the premium amount on your bank account they are quick too let u know that u need to restart your premium account !

I had the same problem connecting to my PS account my ps4. Said I was connected to another account. OK, I might have put it on my boyfriends account. Log in to his, same thing, I was connected to another account. I plugged in my ps3, maybe it was linked through there. It was. I was able to log out. Went back to the ps4, it worked.

What I don't understand is that I use the same PS account for the ps3 and ps4. One account, but spotify wouldn't transfer between the 2 consoles on the same account? What if I had sold my ps3 or it broke, I shouldn't have to go through Sony to have my account unlinked, I should be able to do it through spotify's service.

I went to psn settings, psn/account management, link with other services. Then unlinked Spotify. Then re signed in and relinked. Sorted

I can't sign in to my old name it's banned.

Thanks guys...sadly I have tried all of these but just doesn't work... Same
error message...

This works for me: use your phones Bluetooth to connect to PS4, then start playing a song from phone. PS4 will then prompt you to connect Spotify account to that specific PS4. When you click connect the error message will come up, but music should be playing from tv speakers. Press the center button on PS4 controller to go to 'dashboard/homepage.' Music will still be playing. Change song to your liking from your phone and it will continue playing from tv speakers/PS4 via Bluetooth

However then the song doesn't fade as it would if it was working properly
during cut scenes.

2016 and this is still an issue. What a **bleep** joke

I have a PS4 now and a new account on PSN. Whatever account I had with PSN on my PS3 is gone. I no longer have access to it. I can not even recover my password from them. It's bassically a ghost account.

I do not have the ability to unlink from that account.

So...  what are my options?

okay but what if youre account is logged into a previous partner's PSN account & they've died & you don't know how to access their information to be able to sign in to log out?

Hey @Kalena,

If you know his / her PSN online id or registered email, go here, scroll to bottom and start a live chat with a Sony rep.

Tell them your issue then ask them to look up the accounts using the PSN online ID or the email you know.

If they find one that has Spotify linked, they can manually unlink it.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I removed my previous account from my ps4. It still says that my spotify is linked to another account. 

RESOLVED!!!

I had this exact same issue where my spotify account was mysteriously linked to a PSN account.  After going back and forward with Sony, I messaged @SpotifyCares on twitter and they sorted it out after I explained.

They unlinked my email address from my spotify account which freed it up for me to create a new account with the same email.  I then gave them my new account details and they transfered all my playlists back - took about half an hour all up.

I'd been bashing my head against the wall for weeks on this, so happy 🙂

Screenshots from the chat attached

gold.PNG

Restore Licenses, thats all you gotta do 🙂 

Suggested posts