Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong content playlist

Solved!

Wrong content playlist

Hi all,

I'm facing the problem where I am following a playlist which is curated by Spotify and shows different songs when I'm logged in.

I suspect that the songs that are shown are from a different playlist. However, I do not know from which exact playlist they are and how this issue is caused.  

I have attached one example where I follow the "dinner with friends" playlist, but the songs that are under the playlist are different. 

Kind regards,

Bart

Schermafbeelding 2019-06-08 om 13.52.10.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Bart3000,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Some playlists will now be personalized based on a listener's taste. This would explain why you're seeing different song to this playlist when searching online versus when you're logged in the app.

There's more info about this here.

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi, thank you for reaching out here in the community!

May I know how did you say or suspect that the songs in that playlist are not accurate or different from what you expect?

Playlists created by Spotify are solely based on their discretion. If you think the songs are not correct, you can try reaching out to them thru Twitter @SpotifyCares and let them know the situation for them to take a look into it.

Hi,

First of all thanks for the reply. I suspect that the songs are not from the list since they are from a different genre (which I also like :)). When I googled for the "dinner with friends" Spotify list I found out that when I am not logged in I see indeed different songs, but when I log in the songs in the list change.

Kind regards,

Bart

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX4xuWVBs4FgJ

Marked as solution

Hey there @Bart3000,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Some playlists will now be personalized based on a listener's taste. This would explain why you're seeing different song to this playlist when searching online versus when you're logged in the app.

There's more info about this here.

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Thanks for the clarification, I was not aware of the personalization of (some of) the playlists. I really like the idea of improving Spotify lists for individual users. However, I think it is quite bad that individual users cannot access the "general" list (if I am with friends it might be preferrable to play a general list instead of a personalized one). A suggestion would be to make button that can make a list personalized or not, to answer both demands. 

Kind regards,

Bart

Hey there @Bart3000,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

If having this option is something you'd like to see, we'd recommend heading over to our Ideas Exchange and sharing it there. This way, other Spotify users can add their feedback and support about this.

If you'd like more information on how ideas get implemented or how your feedback reaches Spotify, make sure to check this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps further! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts