Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong country, can't get premium

Wrong country, can't get premium

Okay so this is what happened. I signed up for early access in Canada and got a code today. However I signed up from my work network which uses an American VPN so I'm effectively a user from USA (my mistake, any way to change this?). I can't change my country in my profile since the dropdown is greyed out (why?). I want to get premium cause I love spotify, but I don't have an American postal code or credit card. How do I use spotify in Canada with my early access?

2 Replies

It doesn't appear that the system will currently allow you to change your country to Canada if your account is already registered in another country (it assumes since Spotify isn't yet available in Canada you will be creating a new account - it also stops people that don't have invites changing their countries over to Canada). 

Spotify support will be able to make the change manually for you. Quickest way to get in touch is normally via Twitter: @SpotifyCares.

You can also get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand by email too.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Makes sense, I will try the form you provided, thanks a lot for your help 🙂

Suggested posts