Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong country in my settings

Wrong country in my settings

Hi, I am having troubles joining my family's premium plan because the country displayed in my settings is the US, but we don't actually live there. I do not have a premium myself. Any way I can fix this?
9 Replies

Hey @TCI_Fan,

Where are you currently located?

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Maxim I'm currently in Malaysia.

You can update your country setting by following the instructions from this support article: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_settings/how-can-i-change-my-country-settin...
MaximSpotify Star

I already tried that but it doesn't work, the only country listed the dropdown list for me is the U.S

Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 8.18.13 PM.png

I would really appreciate if you had any other solutions since this doesn't work.

Btw, I'm sorry for not replying or checking for the past 2 weeks, I've been busy over break.

I have the same problem...I lived in Germany but live in South Africa now. Only germany is listed I cant chose South africa...
IMG_3399.PNG

@TCI_Fan

Are you using some kind of USA VPN/Proxy?

MaximSpotify Star

Hey @SELINNILESSELIN,

You unfortunately won't be able to update your country setting, as Spotify is currently not available in South Africa.

If you’d like to know if and when Spotify will be available there, enter your email address here and be the first to know when Spotify launches in your country.

MaximSpotify Star

Yeah that's a pity but thanks @Maxim 👌🏼

@Maxim

I was doing that now until you said that might be it, so I deleted it but it still doesn't work.

Suggested posts