Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong facebook image and name on profile

Wrong facebook image and name on profile

If I log out and back in...other name and picture is there.. playlists dont change but was just wondering why. If I do a clean install will I lose all my playlists? I dont log in through facebook and I get a profile picture of one of my friends who doesnt even have a spotify account..just confused...

10 Replies

@dcudmore69 wrote:

If I log out and back in...other name and picture is there.. playlists dont change but was just wondering why. If I do a clean install will I lose all my playlists? I dont log in through facebook and I get a profile picture of one of my friends who doesnt even have a spotify account..just confused...

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Just make sure you have disconnected from their Facebook in Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook. 

Once you have done that, all of their Facebook information will disappear from your account within 24 hours when the servers catch up (and they take a little time). 

For future reference too, a clean reinstallation will not delete your playlists, but you would need to redownload any offline content you have stored. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Has the friend logged into Spotify on your computer/user account on your computer before? It is likely Spotify detected the Facebook account and linked it to your Spotify account.

To disconnect them, go into the preferences menu in the Spotify client and click the 'Disconnect from Facebook' button that should be near the bottom.

If it isn't there, then the account was made using Facebook. It may take up to 24 hours for the details to be removed from your account.

Also, if you reinstall you won't lose your playlists as they are stored on the Spotify servers on the internet. If you're premium you may lose any offline downloaded tracks you have.

Liam

Liam,   I go to the preferences in the client and all I get is this..notihing about facebook

Capture.PNG

@dcudmore69 wrote:

Liam,   I go to the preferences in the client and all I get is this..notihing about facebook

Those are the settings of the Spotify community, Liam was referring to the preferences in your desktop client where you stream music from 😉 

Peter

Peter

hey sorry to be a pain in the ass..but he said

"To disconnect them, go into the preferences menu in the Spotify client"

and when you say your desktop client...you mean browser??   I work in IT and I love this product but its ties to facebook drive me crazy. I just want my friends fb account having no ties to this. Dont they have help besides a message board even though I appreciate the help..

I use Chrome on my laptop and have an andrioid phone to access spotify..any other suggestions?

@dcudmore69 wrote:

hey sorry to be a pain in the ass..but he said

"To disconnect them, go into the preferences menu in the Spotify client"

and when you say your desktop client...you mean browser??   I work in IT and I love this product but its ties to facebook drive me crazy. I just want my friends fb account having no ties to this. Dont they have help besides a message board even though I appreciate the help..

I use Chrome on my laptop and have an andrioid phone to access spotify..any other suggestions?

Ah, its not possible to manage the Facebook connect/disconnect functions from the web player or the android application, which is why we normally refer to the desktop client for windows to do such actions. 

If you want to get in touch with Spotify support directly, drop them an email using the online contact form and someone will be able to help you out via email.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hello, this is actually wrong. I contacted both FB and Spotify support. I am not connected to FB, I use only my old Spotify logon info, not FB username, but still I can see FB name and avatr in Spotify desktop version.

I removed that avatar from FB too it did not help on Spotify I do not know if 24 hours are gone, but I still see the wrong username and the avatar, even though my profile and account in Spotify info is the right one, and not the one shown in top right orner of Spotify

So disconnected from FB > yes

Logged in with Spotify username and not FB > yes

Correct account and profile info in Spotify > yes

Removed avatar and FB username when logged in Spotify > NO 😞

I have contacted Spotify customer service, and so far I just get "standard" and useless answers. They suggested to clean the cache by removing Spotify, but as I wrote them this has not helped. The can see that I am NOT connected to FB and that I log in with the original username, but still I see avatar and wrong username in Spotify interface. So far not solved

Got the same problem!

Suggested posts