Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong gender in Spotify profile

Solved!

Wrong gender in Spotify profile

My account is linked to my Facebook but it has the wrong gender. It's right on Facebook, but not on Spotify.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey!

Sorry to jump back, but I've just realised the information I posted above was somewhat wrong. Although that is an option, you can actually change this information on your account change.

You can do this here, https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/.

Apologies for the confusion.

I'm also going to swap around the posts marked as a solution 🙂

- James

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey!

Sorry to hear you've had a hiccup with Spotify.

At this point, your best bet will be to reach out to the Spotify Support staff and they'll be able to take a peek backstage and resolve this too.

You can either do this via the contact form or if you're feeling down and social, you can always Tweet them/send them a DM (I recommend a DM!).

When you reach out to them, they'll ask for your username (and/or email address linked to the account), and if you use Premium verification of a previous receipt, so make sure you've got these things to hand to make the process even quicker 🙂

Hope this helps,

- James

Marked as solution

Hey!

Sorry to jump back, but I've just realised the information I posted above was somewhat wrong. Although that is an option, you can actually change this information on your account change.

You can do this here, https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/.

Apologies for the confusion.

I'm also going to swap around the posts marked as a solution 🙂

- James

Hi James! Thanks for the speedy replies. Your second solution actually
doesn't work for me. It simply tells me I can change my gender through
Facebook. But that already has the correct gender and it hasn't translated
over to my Spotify account. So I shall give your first solution a go 🙂

Hey,

Ah ok. That's understandable. I was just browsing over my account and saw that option, so didn't want to leave you with potential misinformation.

Best of luck with reaching out to Spotify, if you need anything else feel free to let me know 🙂

- James

Suggested posts