Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong name and picture

Wrong name and picture

Hi. My username is "uniquee" - Since this weekend when a friend of mine logged in via his facebook account I've had his picture and name on everything. Annoying to say the least. I've purged all kinds of caches in different places and I've disconnected and connected my facebook account back and forth. Deleted the app in Facebook to re-add it and so forth. The name on my Facebook profile my spotify account should be associated with starts with the letter "A".

Thanks in advance for the help.

3 Replies

Hey @Uniqueueueue, welcome to the community!

To make sure your Spotify account isn't active on other devices, log in here, and click the "Sign out everywhere" button.

Once this is done, try removing the current Facebook profile following these steps, and add your own Facebook profile if you'd like.

In case you continue to see your friend's Facebook profile name and picture, try using your account on a different device, as this could be a cache issue.

You can also try logging in with someone else's account and searching for your own account to see if other users see the same picture or name.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I've followed all these steps before writing here. The problem seems to be solved now tho so I guess there could have been some lag on your servers or something? 

Anyways, problem solved. Thanks for the reply.

Awesome!

We're glad to hear everything is working now.

Sometimes it could take some time for the account picture and name to be updated.

Feel free to open a new thread if anything else comes up.

Have a great weekend.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts