Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong song playing, solution needed.

Wrong song playing, solution needed.

Hello,

I have been using Spotify for a long time now, but the past few months I keep getting errors and a new issue that came up recently is that when I select a song to play, it plays another song from somewhere in the album or artists playlist. It seems like each song is connected to another song because it does not select a random song. When I click song A, it will play song B. But when I select song B it will play song C etc. Even after rebooting Spotify several times it will still give me the same problem, I never know when it will go away.

I have been a premium Spotify user for almost a year now, and this is the first time I stopped my premium account and went back to basic or even to not using Spotify anymore because I won't pay for a program that is not working in order. Music is there to give me relaxation, not stress and that is just what these problems and errors give me. I hope this issue is fixed soon and I can go back to using Spotify. 

Kind Regards.

2 Replies

Hi Zaronthos,

That's very strange and not something I've come across before!

In these instances it's always a good idea to start off with a clean reinstallation in order to rule out the most obvious issues.

To reinstall Spotify, please follow the instructions here.

Once this is done, play a couple of tracks and let us know if this issue is persisting.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Hello,

First of all thanks for the quick reply!

I uninstalled and installed spotify before and this did solve the problem. But as it came back I just wanted to ask if this was a common issue or if it was something new. As you said the reinstall did the trick but if the problem comes back again I can't keep reinstalling Spotify as the only solution. 

I looked it up and some other people had similar posts about this, so it might be something with an older version of Spotify?

It's fixed again for now, thank you.

Suggested posts