Wrong user name in family invitation

Wrong user name in family invitation

Plan

Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

Many devices

Some months ago I had an issue with my account. It was "hack" (guessing) because 2 invitations were sent from my family account to people that I don't know.

After that, I canceled the invitations and changed my facebook pass (just in case). A few days ago my wife received a mail from Spotify to validate if she is living in the same address that I'm. She introduced our address and some other fields and sent the information to Spotify (was Spotify I checked that it was not phishing).

3 days after that she received a new email that says that the information could not validate, and she was removed from my family plan. 

Everything looks wired until here, but after that, I invited her again to join in our family plan, when she received the email invitation it didn't say my name as a sender, there was another person's name in the subject. The thing is, I don't have any option to change the name, or to see if someone has stolen my information. 

Some months ago I had an issue with my account. It was "hack" (guessing) because 2 invitations were sent from my family account to people that I don't know.

After that, I canceled the invitations and changed my facebook pass (just in case). A few days ago my wife received a mail from Spotify to validate if she is living in the same address that I'm. She introduced our address and some other fields and sent the information to Spotify (was Spotify I checked that it was not phishing).

3 days after that she received a new email that says that the information could not validate, and she was removed from my family plan. 

Everything looks wired until here, but after that, I invited her again to join in our family plan, when she received the email invitation it didn't say my name as a sender, there was another person's name in the subject. The thing is, I don't have any option to change the name, or to see if someone has stolen my information. 

1 Reply

Hey @leitosalma 

Be sure to check this Support article.

The best course of action when something like that happens is to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Family Premium privileges to this new account.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts