Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Year in Music 2016

Solved!

Year in Music 2016

Is the year in music different this year? Last year, it told me my top artists by season, my top albums of the year, first song I listened to all year, and a bunch of stuff.. This year it told me my total minutes, gave me my top 100 playlist and that's pretty much it 😞

210 Replies

I didn't got my spotify year of music 2016 by email and that is so disappointing...

I was happy the whole year, 'cause a knew in december i am able to look for my favorite songs, how long i listened at large ect. but i don't get the chance to do so.. ö_ö

I am angry

If I accidentally had my email not recieving newsletters and updates, is there any way i can have it resent after changing the setting?

I REALLY want to see the data from my year!

Is there a way to still get the email with individual stats? I never got mine, and as a music major and emerging music therapist, I really take these stats every year seriously.

Change it back to how you had it last year please. This "wrapped" is weak and not nearly as fun as the Year in Music was in 2015. It's a shame, I was looking forward
to this as something that sets Spotify aside from Apple Music; many others feel the same it seems.

This is beyond dissapointing. I really enjoyed watching my progression of listening to music over the years and finally this year I got premium. This "Wrapped" thing is a huge mistake on Spotify's part. 

WoW i thought we would get it like the other Years and now i see i had the email notifcation off and the mails are already out.
Pls make it clearer next Year and pls give us a Chance to get our Stats in a other way now.
Really wanna now mine

Hi Rorey- I just found this thread and realize that I never received my Year In Review. I went thru all of your recommendations and have been receiving the monthly updates?
Any way to look into why I never received the YIR? Anything else on my end I can try?
Thanks for your help! Happy NYE

This is beyond dissapointing... Everyone loves stats and everyone don't ******* care about personalised playlists!!!

Just do a script to send the emails with stats!

I honestly look forward to the year in review evdery year, it feels so personal and such an accurate look at my life...but this year I am so disapointed. I hope you change it back next year, it was always so inspirational. 

It's New Year's Eve! Still no email!

😞

This is a real shame, my wife and I had really enjoyed comparing our year in music pages the last couple years. Plus honestly, this was one of the main reasons why we decided to pay for premium, but since this has stopped we might as well switch back to apple music.

Just want to say I'm quite disappointed with "2016 Wrapped" compared to the awesome year review last year It's much less detailed this time. And much less personal 😕

I hope you can do better next year Spotify.

But good job on the app and features otherwise, I ❤️ Spotify.

What a miscalculation on Spotify's behalf in this matter. I mean, personalisation is key in pretty much everything nowadays. How did you come to the conclusion that instead of personal listening data people would be more happy with only general data of 2016? Poor work on understanding customers expectations and meeting them. For months every now and then I've thought about how my data will look this year, what genres I've listened to most etc. and now I feel like "meh"... 

@kaycart13: In that case you should create a free Last.fm account as soon as possible if you haven't already. Here is my Last.year statistics overview as an example:

http://www.last.fm/user/hjbardenhagen/listening-report/year

I had receive news via e-mail disabled (also push). I activated it now, will I receive my stats via email?

@blofeldd

Hey there, welcome to the community!

Unfortunately there are no more emails being sent, as Rorey's post mentions. However, keep that option enabled so you won't miss out any future events.

Hope this helped 🙂
Happy New Year!
K
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

I don't like this year's 'year in music', it feels cold and impersonal. A huge disapointment since I started using spotify half way through last year (2015) and was looking forward to a full 'my year in music' this year (2016)

What a huge bummer. I loved comparing these reports each year with my coworkers. This was honestly one of the things I loved most about using Spotify. Seeing how they use their big data and provide it back to their users in a meaningful and personal way spoke a lot about the type of company I thought you were. Please reconsider bringing this feature back. 

For next year, if the company decides to do Wrapped again, could there be an option where we can make the playlist our own? We can follow it now, but I'm wondering if there's a chance that we could change the title, or the playlist cover, to make it more our own. 

That didn't help that's a cop out! @ Kate

Suggested posts