Year in Music 2016

Solved!

Year in Music 2016

victoriad22

Is the year in music different this year? Last year, it told me my top artists by season, my top albums of the year, first song I listened to all year, and a bunch of stuff.. This year it told me my total minutes, gave me my top 100 playlist and that's pretty much it :(

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Year in Music 2016

Rorey
Spotify Legend

Hey Community,

We understand there are a lot of questions around Wrapped – this year’s take on Year in Music. So we’ve put together the following FAQ to help clear up any confusion!

What is Wrapped?

Wrapped is this year’s answer to Year in Music. It consists of three different things:

• A hub in Browse > Genre & Moods full of playlists that highlight the best music 2016 had to offer.
  • A personalised ‘Your Top Songs 2016’ playlist. You can find yours in the Wrapped hub. Make sure you follow it!
  • Personal listening stats delivered directly to your inbox.

Why didn’t I get a Wrapped email?

To receive an email, you needed to meet the following criteria:

• Have opted into News & Offers email notifications.
  • Have enough listening history from January – late October for us to serve up your stats.
  • Have a valid email address registered to your Spotify account.
  • There are some other scenarios that could mean you don’t receive an email. For example, if you’ve ever marked a Spotify email as spam, or we received a bounceback when sending you an email in the past. Unfortunately, this is out of our hands.

Update: We’ve finished rolling out a new batch of Wrapped emails. If you still haven’t gotten yours, it may be due to one of the reasons listed above. You can also check Browse for the "Your Top Songs 2016" personalised playlist.

Why did you change Year in Music?

We’d hoped to reach more people with this year’s campaign and we believe we have. We also really appreciate all the feedback you’ve given us here in the Community. We’re taking it all on board for next year.

Solution!

Aulina95
Regular

Lost all the interest trying to lighten up you how you made added value for yourself from a customers view, just gave up with you, you guys won (by losing us. So I don't see you really winning here).
I just cannot understand how you don't seem to have any basic instincts about good customer service with this one.. By at least admitting that there's a chance you did miscalculate the situation.
No, you are saying that the one's who already knew about your statistic opportunities here and who can actually build their own bleeping playlists because of active using of your service. Those are the one's you don't want to serve anymore here. For the sake of the one's who in that case, might not even really have any use for that stuff. I do believe that there are large masses (newer, younger and older customers) out there who don't know how to use your last years web app, or that it even did exist, AS you aren't really that good at informing your customers (as seen with this 'email notifications' fiasco).
Last year you had tons loads of attention on social media cuz of your interested and active users shared their stats for their friends, that's how it started to spread. That's how you gain some of the customers here as you can read from the feedback.
So you had them and you had their money already, why do anything more here then.. You still have tons of this feedback, it seems like you own them. (Or would you owe them? Depends of the point of view.)

Solution!

Gac1985
Casual Listener

I went looking for my year in music this morning and all I could find was just generic stuff with a top songs playlist. Confused, I started looking for answers, however it seems I am 3/4 weeks too late!

I can't believe what I've been reading here and across certain threads of the Spotify community. Like many people, I was looking forward to the year in music feature and, as I remember from 2 years ago, it was the positive social media reaction that brought my attention to it and so I went looking for it on my Spotify profile page. I was amazed at the detail of this feature, it was amazing!

There was no talk of ever having to opt in for e-mails and yet here I am finding out - too late - that there is no way of receiving the information. How frustrating and annoying! All these loyal customers who have lost out. It is baffling that Spotify think have reached more people, when it is obvious they haven't! Why not send the link to those who have opted in for e-mails and then allow those who haven't to access it as in previous years? That way you reach EVERYONE!

This could be a genuine mistake, or on a more cynical level, they are punishing people who opt out of e-mails in order for them to increase the number of people that receive their e-mails. I doubt we will find out the truth...

Well Spotify, I have opted in for your 'news & offers' and I am looking forward to an apology e-mail over this. In the meantime, I will try Apple music's free trial period and see how I get on.

Solution!

nadal
Casual Listener

I really hope that you can resend out this summary for everyone. If not, create an side site with possibility to manual enter mail adress and get stats sent. 

Solution!

illclairvoyant
Casual Listener

The new "Year in Music" is great and all, but what about my own personal year in music? But...

I really liked the 2015 (user's) Year in Music (I even saved screenshots of the images so that I could do a comparison once 2016 came out). The stats were awesome, it could have been expanded on (one thing I would have liked to see was "you listened to X# of new artists: here they are ___").

I don't know about anyone else... but I'm not thrilled with having to go to a third party (Last.fm) to see my year in music, but at least I had it scrobbling... so if you need me, I'll be over there - looking at my music stats for 2016.

210 Replies

I'm not getting my year in music

tossledluke
Visitor

I didn't get my Year in Music statistics from Spotify even though I have all my email notifications on. I get ads but the statistics aren't there. I changed my email about a month ago but surely, that would have given the servers enough time to know where to send my YIM. What can I do?

Year in Review 2016

bdangus

No stats this year?

Re: I'm not getting my year in music

Decker85
Casual Listener

Unfortunately, I have not seen an answer to that. I've had the same email since last year and my notifications turned on, yet I too have not recieved anything. I tried checking their Spotify Cares twitter account but all I seen was to check the "spam" folder, which I did and have found absolutely nothing. It's weird because I have gotten all the other stuff from Spotify like the "special thanks" from the bands I listen to and the premium ads but no Year In Music as well. I guess all we can do is wait! :(

KatesHere
Community Legend

Hey there @victoriad22, welcome to the community!!

Thanks for reaching out! This year Spotify is doing things a bit differently. Spotify is currently sending emails with personalised information and statistics about 2016. Hang tight! Hopefully you’ll get one very soon :)

Make sure to check your spam/junk, and any other email folders for an email from hello@spotify.com  Also be sure you opted in for email notifications on your Accounts page. If you didn't have that option turned on you won't receive the Wrapped email.

Hope this was helpful!

K

RSJ-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
K is for Kisses, Kate
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Rock Star? Join us!

Blessedmandy
Casual Listener
So if I had that option turned off and turned on now will I receive it now? Will they resend it again? And anywhere I can request the stats?p

KatesHere
Community Legend

Hey again @Blessedmandy,

I don't think the email can be resend if the notifications weren't enabled before however you should turn on the notifications to make sure you don't miss out in the future. Nevertheless, you can still get the personalised playlist with your 2016 top tracks in Browse > Genres & Moods > 2016 Wrapped.

Hope this helped!

K

RSJ-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
K is for Kisses, Kate
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Rock Star? Join us!

Chrisine
Casual Listener

Hello, 

I have mine turned on but have not received it.  Mine have been turned on since 2014 and I've been a memeber since 2012.  Why isn't Spotify doing a "My year in music" like last year? 

Thanks 

_themanwhosoldt

Got the same problem,

and those answers from Spotify are insufficient, user-friendliness 100 points -.-

thats like super S H I T.. wow

Chrisine
Casual Listener

Honestly this was one of the main reasons I didn't go to Apple music.  I'm really disappointed right now and I've always been so pro-Spotify. 

SUGGESTED POSTS