Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Year in Music 2016

Solved!

Year in Music 2016

Is the year in music different this year? Last year, it told me my top artists by season, my top albums of the year, first song I listened to all year, and a bunch of stuff.. This year it told me my total minutes, gave me my top 100 playlist and that's pretty much it 😞

210 Replies

I've listened to plenty of music this year and I've had my notification settings switched on this whole time. I've been recieving marketing emails from spotify throughout the entire year (latest one was on the 24th) so is there any other reason I wouldn't have recieved the Wrapped email? I was really looking forward to it 😞

If i have been a user for three years but only got premium in the summer would that mean i couldnt get the year in music even though i did last year and i have wanted to see this all year?

Hi, actually no) My friend uses Spotify free and got the E-mail. I'm a Premium user for 2 years and haven't received yet.

Not only have you all taken away the Year In Music breakdown stats by season, etc. But the playlist that's been put together for me under the Wrapped section consists of songs I listened to years ago. There are albums I know I played consistently via Spotify, that aren't featured AT ALL on my playlist? I'm having a hard time understanding why I am listening to a playlist with "Shut it Down," by Drake when I know there is no way that's one of my most played tracks. 

Seriously? What's going on?! This is so disappointing! 

Also I still haven't received an email with stats in it! I've received emails about everything but Wrapped!

If you guys were aiming to meet a much larger crowd, then how on earth did you all manage to not get emails sent out to everyone? Including those of use who have been using Spotify for years and actually look forward to the YIM?

It has taken way too long for Spotify to do nothing about this. Sure it might seem like a trivial thing, some stats about what music we've listened to during the year, but for many of us it's just another disappointment in a series of many. Disabling draging and dropping local files on your computer(I use a version of Spotify from 2014 to have this function), buggy phone app, buggy desktop app, not listening to your community, spamming us with **bleep**e emails and so on. Spotify is not the great thing it used to be and when you stop listening to your community, even about small things like this, you lose.    

I urge all of you who are disappointed to cancel your Premium subscriptions to make Spotify understand what we think about this and that they've **bleep**ed up. Google Play Music and Apple Music are two excellent options to Spotify.

It truly is sad to think that the day has come when I have given up on the once brilliant Spotify. Remember the good days and remember that:

You **bleep**ed up. 

You don't understand, I've LITERALLY been waiting all year for this. I made sure I listened to certain types of songs so that I could get a really good personalised playlist (I don't mean my most played songs, I mean a playlist based on the songs that I listen to). You need to bring My Year in Music back. I know it's not your own fault, I know I shouldn't be talking to you as if it were, but My Year in Music was literally like the 'light on the other side of the tunnel', the 'tunnel' being 2016.😭😭😭

Well I don't like the idea of the mail... to this day I haven't receive that mail with my stats.. can you please make avaible like others years that option, with a link.. simple like that.

Is it still possible to get my stats? I don't have them while all the things you said were on. The only thing it could probably be is that my e-mail is changed a week before the stats came out. But I don't really know what went wrong. I would be very happy if there is a solution!

please just give us the ability to get our year in review! I was thinking about it all throughout the year...

I won't be as extreme as some of the previous feedback but Wrapped is definitely a few steps back from the Year in Review that you've done in the past. Will it cause me to quit on Spotify? Of course not. Is it super disappointing? Yes. 

I think Wrapped is great for a more in depth look at the Spotify community as a whole but what it doesn't provide is the in depth knowledge of each users individual listening habits. I really like looking at my own listening progression over the year, understanding how my preferences changed over the seasons and reflecting on how some notable events in the last year influenced my music listening, among many other things. I don't see why you couldn't have added Wrapped to the Year in Review offering. 

Hopefully you can do both next year! 

Also, are you going to create a 2017 suggested playlist like you've done in the past? A playlist of my top songs in 2016 seems a bit redundant, irrelevant and lazy. My top songs for this year have already been played to death and I don't need another playlist that includes them all. Give me more new music 🙂

I'm still waiting for my Year in Music. Everything on my apps is set up per above, but never received anything. Is it still available somewhere?

I understand wanting to reach more people, and I'm sure you guys have with the Wrapped thing, but just providing a playlist of most played songs is a bit lame. I know what songs I listen to the most. What I don't know are total minutes, total tracks, track plays, album plays, etc. I'm an engineer, I love numbers, and I look forward to the full statistics of what I listened to over the year. After you guys changed the year in review last year compared to 2014 I had a feeling you guys were going to downgrade it again, and unfortunately my feeling came to fruition. I know you guys have a job to do and I love the service you provide it's just dissapointing that you pretty much eliminated one of my favorite music events of the year - My Music Year in Review.

Are you sending a new batch of emails? I really want my stats.

Seriously I have a friend who finally switched from Pandora to spotify this year and i've been bulding up the year end stats that I shared with him last year. Needless to stay we're both very disappointed with the current situation.

I have all my email notifications turned on and they have been on for a while but I still haven't gotten the email...

i want my year in review too.  thanks for wrapped playlist....i want my top artists, albums, playlists.

you have a few more days......tidal here i come

Really? I spend all this money all year long, and you won't give me a way to request a duplicate email because YOU automatically set my notifications to a state that didn't let me get the first one? Really? That's how you plan to address this systemic problem? That's your idea of customer service? REALLY?

Sorry for all the flack, Rorey, but this is disappointing. Please pass along that it would make much more sense to get it in out SPOTIFY INBOX rather than our emails. My friends and I were really looking forward to the year in review, and by the time we find out we had to subscribe to emails it was too late. I already get way too many emails, and do not want to flood my inbox with emails from a streaming service that is more than capable to alert me on my desktop client, browser streaming system, or mobile app. 

You have the platform. Use it. Or just let us do it online like you have been. 

That being said, I have been a user since 2010 and a premium user since 2013. And this is only the second time I have felt let down by Spotify (the first was when they got rid of the apps... I miss the lyrics). So, not the worst thing ever I guess. Just disillusioned and will start looking at other options for streaming services. 

Hi, I can't seem to find my playlist in that genre. Have I missed the window where I could?

Suggested posts