Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Country does not match....

Your Country does not match....

Today I tried to open Spotify like normal and it had logged me out on my PC, so I hit the login with facebook and now im getting a message saying "Your country does not match the one set in your profile. To continue use, update your profile or upgrade your Spotify account."

The thing is, I signed up a few weeks ago and choose my country as Canada (since thats where I am) and now when I login it is changed to USA and I cant select anything else to change it. 

I also notice when I go to Spotify.com it takes me to spotify.com/us rather than spotify.com/ca-en but either way I can not edit my country or login. So what do I need to do?

11 Replies

Hello @Magma and welcome to community.

Are you premium user or free?

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

Free User as I was trying the service out for now.

Still not working 2 weeks later! this is what happens when I try to change my country to Canada.

Only USA shows up in the country menu and it wont let me change. Does anyone have a solution??

spotify.jpg

Please check your ip adress location here, also please do Proxy Check

https://www.whatismyip.com/
If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

No proxy and my IP is showing for Canada, in fact it has it right down the city im living in.

I escalated your problem to staff. They will reply you as soon as possible.

thank you very much 😄

Hey @Magma

I'll reach out to you via Private Message and take a closer look at this for you.

Thanks

I can't change my country to Maldives, can see only USA and now I can't log in to spotify pls help

I think this PROBLEM is very prevelent especially in CANADA.  The ONLY way you get PAID customers is for them to test Spotify "problem free" and they will then UPGRADE.  I'm in Canada always have been but Spotify puts me in USA and I can't change country 😞

@bsobir 

Good news!

Spotify is now available in Maldives

You can read more information about Spotify's launch in new markets in this news article: Spotify Expands International Footprint, Bringing Audio to 80+ New Markets

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts