Your Country does not match....

Your Country does not match....

Magma
Regular

Today I tried to open Spotify like normal and it had logged me out on my PC, so I hit the login with facebook and now im getting a message saying "Your country does not match the one set in your profile. To continue use, update your profile or upgrade your Spotify account."

The thing is, I signed up a few weeks ago and choose my country as Canada (since thats where I am) and now when I login it is changed to USA and I cant select anything else to change it. 

I also notice when I go to Spotify.com it takes me to spotify.com/us rather than spotify.com/ca-en but either way I can not edit my country or login. So what do I need to do?

11 Replies

Re: Your Country does not match....

atom1989
Community Legend

Hello @Magma and welcome to community.

Are you premium user or free?

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

Magma
Regular

Free User as I was trying the service out for now.

Magma
Regular

Still not working 2 weeks later! this is what happens when I try to change my country to Canada.

Only USA shows up in the country menu and it wont let me change. Does anyone have a solution??

spotify.jpg

atom1989
Community Legend
Please check your ip adress location here, also please do Proxy Check

https://www.whatismyip.com/
If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

Magma
Regular

No proxy and my IP is showing for Canada, in fact it has it right down the city im living in.

atom1989
Community Legend
I escalated your problem to staff. They will reply you as soon as possible.

Magma
Regular

thank you very much 😄

Pete
Roadie

Hey @Magma

I'll reach out to you via Private Message and take a closer look at this for you.

Thanks

bsobir
I can't change my country to Maldives, can see only USA and now I can't log in to spotify pls help
SUGGESTED POSTS