Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your country does not match the one set on your profile.

Your country does not match the one set on your profile.

Hi,

I have not been able to login to Spotify for a few months now. I have never logged in to Spotify outside the country and the longest and only time I have gone abroad was a week (last March). 

I tried troubleshooting using different browsers, different computers and also using mobile phones but it says the same error. 

Please help.

Thanks,

P

17 Replies

Hi there,

You can check your profile and check what country is registered here. Make sure it's the correct country (where you're at). If it's not, click Edit Profile and make the necessary changes. 

Hope this helps!

I'm a Spotify community newbie aspiring to be a Rock Star.

If my post helped you out, please accept it as a Solution and/or give it a Kudos.

Thank you. 🙂

Already did and it is correct.

If its already the correct country, the cause might be with your internet. Can you go here and check if your IP address matches the country on your profile. 

If my post helped you out, please accept it as a Solution and/or give it a Kudos.

Thank you. 🙂

Yes I also did that as well. Then and now is still the correct country.

Can you check if you get the same error using the web app https://play.spotify.com/.

Thank you. 🙂

I can log in using the web app.

Can you try using the app again and see if it goes through now?

Thank you. 🙂

Hello @paulanones, Welcome to the community! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear about your problem 😞 Lets try troubleshoot it with you:

1. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app?
  2. Please go here and ensure your country setting is the current country 🙂
  3. if these don't fix your problem:
  • Do you have a Spotify free or premium account?
  • Are you abroad right now or in the country your account is set too?

I hope to hear back from you soon! 🙂

Hi there,

I am having a similar problem.  I started my account (free) in the uk and am now back in South Africa.  I cannot login as it says my country does not match but wont allow me to change my country in settings.  It only has uk in the drop down list.

I am dying to get back into my account..

Please help!

Hello @Holly1989

Unfrotunatly Spotify is not available in South Africa at the moment 😞

You can go to Spotify.com and then enter your email and Spotify will notify you when they launch in South Africa 🙂

I hope you have an awesome day! 🙂

1. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app? Yes. I did it using different machines.
  2. Please go here and ensure your country setting is the current country 🙂 Yup it is correct. I tried it on 4 networks already.
  3. if these don't fix your problem:
  • Do you have a Spotify free or premium account? Free account FTW
  • Are you abroad right now or in the country your account is set too? I went out of the country for 7 days but did not use the account there.

Nope. Still can't 😞

@Holly1989

If you want you can buy Spotify premium using a credit card from a supported country, then you will be able to access spotify from abroad as long as you have premium 🙂

Here's list of countries Spotify is available in 🙂

Have An Awesome Day! 🙂

@paulanones

This is a strange bug...

I will escalate this issue for you 🙂

Have A Great Day! 🙂

Hope to here from you soon. The twitter team left me hanging.

@paulanones

I have gotten a response from the Spotify team, they will take a look at this for you and the twitter team will help you 🙂

Hey @paulanones,

Welcome to the Community. 

Sorry to hear you're not being able to access your account.

We can see that our Support team via Twitter is already helping out and you should get a reply from them shortly. Keep an eye on your direct messages inbox. 

We'll be here if you need us.

Thanks!

Suggested posts