Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Zap Facebook - how I did it (i have a premium account):

1. create a facebook account
  2. create a spotify account
  3. create a device password and write down the device number (9 digits in my case).
  4. use the device number and password to log on to spotify on the pc
  5. check a last time email adress, gender and birthdate, can't be modified once the fb account is deleted.
  6. all ok? delete the facebook account Smiley Tongue

Everything is working perfectly since december and now spotify has a dangling pointer to facebook; who cares.

NB. The spotify management deserves a triple A for stupidity to force us to such convoluted procedures. I don't believe that they will cancel a paying account, even a normal account, because the corresponding facebook account is inexistant.

1 Reply

A few questions for you if you don't mind. I really hate Spotify forcing people on Facebook and this looks like a good option. The only bad thing is that your username is a string of numbers and you can't choose it.

What do you see at the top right corner where your Facebook real name used to be? Do you see your username (numbers) or your old FB name?

At Preferences, do you have a "Disconnect from Facebook" button because you have logged in without Facebook?

I've heard about this but I can't test it because I have a Spotify account without a FB connection and I don't want to give Spotify any extra numbers for their "people who signed up with facebook" statistic.

Suggested posts