Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

a friend borrowed my spotify, now it says its her, not mine

a friend borrowed my spotify, now it says its her, not mine

Hei, i borrowed my spotify to my girlfriend, and now when i log in, it says " .... undheim ......" (her name, and picture to the right top corner.
Would like to have my own name at the top, so i know everyting is okey! could i have some help? Thanks!

19 Replies

Surely! And very warm welcome to the Community.

- Go to Edit - Preferences.

- Scroll to bottom and click Disconnect from Facebook.

- Then click at same place Re-connect to Facebook.

You may need to clear browser cache before you can re-connect to Facebook.

Hope this works and very happy Easter to you!!! Enjoy your music.

when i try this, i get the message " failed to enable spotify social 😮

Hey, don't worry. Now we try some other tips.

- Delete Spotify from your Facebook settings https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications

- Now go to Spotify.com and log in with your details

- Then connect to Facebook via this page https://www.spotify.com/account/social/facebook/

🙂

still got the same massage 😞

View- > People List. Try click Show People at least twice. Does this help?

At least one with this problem solved it by just connect to Facebook and then disconnect.

"So if your Spotify shows that you're not connected to Facebook, then just connect to Facebook. And then disconnect from Facebook. As simply as it gets.

I also think I know the reason why error came in first place. You had changed your Facebook password from Facebook, but Spotify still tried to contact Facebook (with the old password) and can't do it."

passwords have been changeed yes, but, it still says that she is the " owner" of the spotify :s

Can it have something to do with the internett connection? 😮
Should be pretty good tho!

it just stand " loading" at her, but still my name and picture isnt there, tryed what you said, and relogged spotify, should i try reinstall it also maybe?

Also you can try Edit - Log out and then Log in back. If this does not work, log out and log in back with your Facebook details.

Username: Facebook email
Password: Facebook password

Let me know how you doing.

tried this tho, but when i log in with my facebook details, noone of the playlist i have at my original account appares 😞 so seems that it dosnt work :S

Yes, you can try re-install. All your playlists etc. are saved at Spotify server.

In re-install Spotify deletes it's cache and settings, so maybe Facebook then works. 🙂

as i said just before u answered the last one, if i log in with my facebook details, noone of my playlists appares, and not a premium user 

In this case I think that Spotify added another (duplicate) account for you.

And you should use your Spotify username then when login with Spotify password. 🙂

Spotify employee can remove duplicate account if you want for you. Just let them know here or in Contact form. 🙂

And if You want to try, just login to this Duplicate account (Facebook details to login) then go to Edit - Preferences. Then disconnect from Facebook. Then Log out from this Duplicate account. Now you can re-install app.

And then log in with your Spotify account and connect to your Facebook.

I really hope that this works for you!

would be great if i could put facebook and original together 🙂 so i would appriciate help!:)

reinstalled spotify, the name is now changed to " andreasnyg1" wich my user is. but still not able to connect to facebook :< 

I'm heavy Spotify user and I think that you are connected with Facebook to your duplicate account in Spotify. So check my last post and try disconnect from FB in duplicate account.

got most of it sotred out, just, still get the message : failed to enable spotify social

Only thing missing now.
checked my email account, and tried to dissconnect it from facebook, but how the hell can i do this, when the whole account is linked to my email, wich is its own spotify account?

I suggest you to contact http://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/ Spotify.

Add here reference number (you get it when you send form) and I make sure that Spotify employee contact you in the next business day!

As Spotify user, I do not know more tricks to fix this odd problem!

Thank you for understanfing. 😃

I really think that in this case Spotify should delete this duplicate account and then you can connect to Facebook again. I have put a message to Richard at Spotify, so Richard can do it for you in the next business day.

Have a nice easter!

Hey guys,

Thanks to hpguru for helping you out with this. Cat Happy

I've deleted the duplicate accout now and disconnected 'andreasnyg1' from any Facebook account. Please just try connecting to this one and connecting it back to your own FB profile. Let me know howy you get on.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Suggested posts